Caution! The opportunity to obtain and complete this quest ends upon completion of the quest Reward and Responsibility.
To begin the quest, enter The Abbey in the Wilted Forest. Clarus will mention that Quina will be departing for Auldring's Grand Cathedral on the Mainland and requests the Arisen acquire Pilgrim's Charm from the Catacombs to give to her before she leaves.
Clarus notes that Pilgrim's Charms can be purchased in Gran Soren at high cost, but would prefer one personally collected by someone Quina knows.
If the player has a Pilgrim's Charm already in personal inventory, it can be presented immediately to Clarus to complete the quest.
The quest will not grant the maximum rewards if it is completed in this way.
To experience the entirety of this quest, head to the Catacombs, and seek Quina. Quina is located inside the the southernmost entrance, which is the one accessed by entering a trap door just within the ruined walls outside of Gran Soren.
Note that the player needs to have already entered the Catacombs prior to this quest in order to have broken the wooden bar on the other side of the door to gain access from the southeastern-most entrance.
On reaching the area of the Catacombs at the southernmost entrance, Quina will be waiting at the bottom of the ladder.
Quina: Oh! I... I didn't expect to find you here. Though in truth, you could well say the same of me. I'm sorry, I...I know I cause you worry... But I've glad tidings: at long last I'm granted leave to the Grand Cathedral. Thoughts of your plight consumes my days, but now I may finally discover some means to aid you. All the Faith knows of the dragon can be found at the Grand Cathedral. I... I pray you support my decision to go.
Answer "I do" when Quina asks if you support her decision to go, or she will immediately return to The Abbey and the quest will only grant the lesser reward upon successful completion.
Explore the Catacombs, protecting Quina from the Spiders.
Collect the Pilgrim's Charm, return to The Abbey and gift the charm to Clarus for the quest rewards.
- If the Pilgrim's Charm was acquired within the Catacombs with Quina, the quest awards more Experience Points and 10 Ne'er-Do-Part flowers.
- If the Pilgrim's Charm was acquired within the Catacombs, before meeting with Quina, only 5 Ne'er-Do-Parts will be rewarded.
- If the Pilgrim's Charm was acquired outside the Catacombs, only 5 Ne'er-Do-Part flowers with be given.
- The southeastern-most entrance to the Catacombs nearest the Abbey is the preferred entrance location for this quest, being the place Quina is met. If the party enters via another place, and collects the Pilgrim's Charm before speaking to Quina she will still be present near the entrance, but on speaking to the Arisen, will rapidly depart, giving no explanation of why she was there.
- The quest does not initiate immediately after completing Talent in Bloom, however it is convenient to undertake this quest subsequent to this quest. In order to initiate A Parting Gift the area must be left and then returned.
- Moving the questline forward can be done easily by entering and exiting the nearby Rift Stone. This solution above may not always work.
- On having collected the talisman, Clarus may not be found at the Abbey if the quest is rapidly completed - waiting or entering a riftstone may cause sufficient time for her to re-appear.
- The Pilgrim's Charm may be purchased in Gran Soren from Fournival, to speed up the completion of the quest.
- To fully complete the quest by going to the Catacombs, avoid picking up any Pilgrim's Charms elsewhere. Picking up another Pilgrim's Charm prior to quest completion will remove Quina from The Catacombs.
- To receive the 10 Ne'er-Do-Part flowers and avoid the whole journey with Quina in The Catacombs, simply meet her in The Catacombs, Ferrystone out, buy a Pilgrim's Charm from Fournival and submit it to Clarus.