- "As the dragon breathed its last, the sky dimmed and the earth shook. Monsters grew in might. Are the duke and his capital safe?"
The Dragon is slain, but in his death he brings about a cataclysm in Gran Soren, destroying much of the city.
Return to Gran Soren to see what has occurred.
Return to Gran Soren
Following the defeat of The Dragon, the world is a much darker and more dangerous place (Post-Game phase). A Gorechimera lurks on the Unusual Beach; Seabreeze Trail and the Manamia Trail is now infested with Grimgoblins, Hellhound, Giant Undead, and Succubi.
The path through the Moonsbit Pass is equally affected, with the main path now patrolled by Geo Saurians, and a Golem. Skeleton Sorcerers, Skeleton Lords and other undead foes now rise from the ground in the area at night. The alternative route is blocked by Grimgoblins and an Ogre.
Beyond the pass the final leg to Gran Soren through the Estan Plains is now circled by flying beasts - harpies circle overhead, and a Wyvern may waylay the party on the route to the southern gate. The path through the ruined walls is also greatly endangered, with Gargoyles and Hellhounds to be found.
Once inside Gran Soren a brief moment of relative safety is found, but much of the city is destroyed. Where the larger part of Gran Soren used to be is now a gaping hole. The Venery, The Slums and the Aqueduct are all gone, and the larger part of the Urban Quarter has disappeared as well. Guards will accost the arisen and state their worry on the situation in the Duke's Demesne.
Meet With Duke Edmun
Go to the castle, go upstairs to the Duke's solar to speak with him.
The Duke makes it plain what he thinks he knows the Arisen has done, he blames them for his present state, attempts to battle, and calls for the guards, accusing the Arisen of witchcraft, and being in league with the Dragon. After escaping from the Keep the loyal guards pursue.
Make Good Your Escape
Surrounded by Gran Soren Guards, escape the castle grounds towards the Noble Quarter. Once outside the castle, Ser Maximilian and more guards will assail the party and give chase. (However, if Ser Maximilian was the Arisen's Love Interest, he will obviously not be present to attempt to apprehend the player.)
.. The Arisen enters the Everfall ...
The Arisen is left falling continuously through a ruptured Everfall - attempt to land on one of the side platforms to continue - pressing "grab" whilst near and above a platform will result in a soft landing.
Quince is waiting on the 'first floor' of the Everfall and speaks to the Arisen to begin the quest Fathom Deep. Landing on any other ledge will first take the party to the Chamber of Confusion where an Evil Eye awaits.
- The new and dangerous monsters in the outside world first encountered in this quest remain until the completion of the Arisen's quest - this state is known as Post-Game - for more details of the changes wrought in Gransys and in Gran Soren, see that article. See also The Everfall (Post-Dragon).
- Depending on the amount of affinity the Arisen had with Ser Maximilian, his dialogue will be more or less abrasive or sympathetic - either way he orders his men to take the Arisen.
- Once this quest is complete, the Noble Quarter cannot be entered without encountering hostiles, and the Duke's Demesne becomes inaccessible.
- Once this quest is complete, you can murder virtually everyone in Gran Soren without being sent to the Dungeon.
- Completion of this quest is not necessary - jumping straight into the Everfall once in Gran Soren, and initiating and finishing the quest Fathom Deep will bring the questline to its ultimate conclusion.
- It is also possible to slip past the quest-giving guards stationed at various points including outside the Pawn Guild.
- If battle with the guards is continued in the Urban Quarter or Craftsman's Quarter the hostile guards will even attack innocent unhired pawns.
- The stream of guards attempting to bring down the Arisen can be used as part of an experience exploit, For more details see Discipline point farming exploit