Airtight Flask is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "A container used to preserve materials. Place an item inside to prevent it from perishing."
Airtight flasks are used to preserve perishable (and perished) foodstuffs and flowers, preventing them from decaying. The preserved (or "kept") versions have the same curative properties as the originals, and in many cases have the same combining properties.
Kept items are also just as good as affinity gifts as the originals.
The preserving process is permanent, and cannot be reversed, nor can the flask be recovered once used.
In many cases a decayed kept item can be refreshed to an undecayed item by combining with Spring Water - thus Giant Rotten Fish can be converted to Kept Giant Fish via preservation and reaction with spring water.
With the Dark Arisen expansion, Airtight Flasks are no longer available for purchase at any shop or traveling merchant. They can be duplicated at the Black Cat in Gran Soren for 480 Gold. Alternatively they seem to often appear on the beach in Cassardis near the ocean waves.
- Note: The PC version reinstated purchasable flasks, and Camellia's Apothecary carries an infinite stock.
- An Airtight Flask can be found in Cassardis between Aestella's shop and Iola's House, standing on shelves holding produce.
- An Airtight Flask can be found near the tidal line on the beach in Cassardis.
- Another Airtight Flask can also be found on Unusual Beach, near the cliffs. Of the three ways down to the beach, take the centre one - the flask is beyond the bottom of the stone steps, on the north side.
- An Airtight Flask can be found in the battlements of the Duke's Demesne, inside the ground floor of the northern Observation Room. It sits on top of a barrel.
- Another Airtight Flask also can be found in the Duke's Desmense. Take first door to the left as you enter the Audience Chamber which leads to the servant's quarters, then enter the room to the right. It's sitting on top of a crate.
- Another Airtight Flask can be found in the Dungeon, lying on the floor of the first cell on the left. You'll need a Skeleton Key to open this door.
- An Airtight Flask can be found on the exterior area upstairs, near a campfire in Smugglers' Pass.
- Another Airtight Flask can be found in one of the open basement cells inside Smugglers' Pass near the long approach to Bluemoon Tower.
- Located on the first floor of the Manse, in the corner of a room with a spiral staircase leading west and south.
- An Airtight Flask is located in the Ward of Regret, upon entering from the Duskmoon Tower, head west then north and round past the two locked cells, then when the path angles northwest and you can go left or right, head left (west) into a hall in which the flask can by found on the floor on the right side near a pillar.
- As you get closer to the exit (after descending through a hole in a wall and down an rough hewn cave) the passage curves to the west, proceed north to a T intersection and head west again where the path turns south. An Airtight Flask can be found on the ground here.
- Within Midnight Helix, by the wall at the base of the first suspension bridge an Airtight Flask can be found.
- Two Airtight Flasks can be found in The Warriors' Respite First Floor:
- Two Airtight Flasks are located in The Arisen's Refuge - both are on a table near Barroch.
- Another Airtight Flask is located in The Arisen's Refuge. This one is downstairs on a wall shelf near the crate of Dragon's Spit.
- Though both Moonglow and Sunbright decay to a Wilted Blossom, when a Kept Wilted Blossom of any origin is refreshed with Spring Water all versions of become a Kept Sunbright no matter what the original flower was.
- Quina's quest item, the Blessed Flower, though perishable, cannot be kept in one of these flasks.
- For quests, often either a kept or original version of an item will be acceptable (eg Farewell, Valmiro), though sometimes a specific type is explicitly required (eg Ocean's Bounty).