|An Innocent Man|
"Oh, Father...Where are you!"
20 Rift Crystals
"Tomlin has come to Cassardis in search of his missing father. Like as not you will need to visit the capital for clues."
Inquire Around Gran Soren (optional)
- Speak with the citizenry to learn of the gardener's disappearance.
Seek out Tomlin's Father
- Travel to the castle and locate Tomlin's imprisoned father.
Escort Ansell From the Dungeon
- You made contact with Ansell, Tomlin's father. Rescue him from the castle dungeon without alerting the guard.
- You rescued Ansell from the dungeon and reunited him to his son. Quest reward received.
You can obtain this quest after Come to Court by speaking with Tomlin in Cassardis. Tomlin can usually be found strolling around the beach. He tells you his Father was a gardener for the Duke in Gran Soren and has gone missing. Tomlin will give you a Gardener's Permit as a quest item.
Note: it is advised to combine this quest with Arousing Suspicion once you've found where Tomlin's father is. This is explained further in this walkthrough.
Before starting the quest you should have at least 2 Skeleton Keys in your inventory.
Inquire Around Gran Soren (optional)Edit
Speaking with the citizens of Gran Soren is optional if you know where to go and you may skip this part entirely.
Seek out Tomlin's FatherEdit
Once you've learned of Tomlin's father's location in the dungeon it is time to free him. If you're planning to combine this quest with Arousing Suspicion then please read that walkthrough instead of this one. The necessary parts of this quest are also explained there. Otherwise read on.
To free Tomlin's father go to the castle dungeon's. Ansell is located in the last cell on the left. Use a Skeleton Key to open the door and speak with him. He will reveal the true nature of his capture.
Escort Ansell From the DungeonEdit
To free Ansell you must escape the dungeon through the secret passage. The cell opposite to where Ansell was being held contains the entrance to this passage. Use another Skeleton Key to open the door and proceed left down into the sewers. There are some minor enemies here such as Snakes, Spiders and Rats. Make sure they do not kill Ansell.
Make your way out of the sewers and enter The Slums. Here you will find Tomlin and he and his father Ansell will have a private moment before walking off to the exit in the Aqueduct. The quest will be completed when they both exit the city.
- It is recommended you bring along at least two Skeleton Keys to break Ansell out of the Dungeon.
- If you are in need of a Skeleton Key one spawns in a chest by the stairs at the entrance to the Dungeon. Another is in a chest in an alcove atop and to the left of the stairs in the Passage Gate. Another is in a breakable jar inside Ansell's cell.
- Note, there is a bug in which after speaking to Ansell he doesn't move nor can you speak to him. This can easily be fixed by leaving the dungeon and back out into Gran Soren and returning. If this doesn't work, getting caught by a guard and put in the dungeons yourself, then using a Skeleton Key to escape your own cell should trigger a conversation in which Ansell says that you went far away, fixing the problem.
- You must have the garderners permit in order to get Tomlin's father to go with you. If you do not have it on your persons he will just say I have nought to say to you and wish I could see my son one more time. You will not be able to finish the quest if you do not have it.
- In the Trials and Tribulations quest, you can escort Ansell back to Gran Soren to testify against Fournival. He will be in or near Chief Adaro's home in Cassardis.