- "The Fisherfolk of Cassardis have a thief in their midst. Help Pablos catch the scoundrel."
Speak With the Thief's Victims
- Talk to Aestella and Heraldo.
Speak with Pablos
- Report back to Pablos.
Catch the Thief
- Be on the look out for the Thief! Make sure he doesn't escape!
- The Thief has been successfully captured. Speak with Pablos.
- The Fisherfolk of Cassardis can rest easy now. Quest reward received.
This quest becomes available by speaking with Pablos at Pablos' Inn in Cassardis, after the Hydra is defeated in A Rude Awakening and upon acceptance of Off With Its Head (offered by Mercedes at the Encampment).
Speak With the Thief's VictimsEditSpeak to the merchants Aestella and Heraldo who have been robbed. Sleep at the inn first to restart the day. Aestella will be in her shop (across from the inn) and Heraldo should be walking down the path past his shop. If Heraldo doesn't appear, reload the area by exiting Cassardis and re-entering or sleep another day at the inn.
Speak with PablosEdit
Once both Aestella and Heraldo have been spoken to, report back to Pablos at the inn. Pablos will then devise a plan to catch the Thief at night and will ask the Arisen to make any preparations before continuing. Speak to Pablos again to continue and the time will progress to night.
Catch the ThiefEdit
The objective of this quest is to "grab" (right trigger button) the thief as he attempts to flee. The thief (named Pike) CANNOT be killed no matter how much damage the Arisen inflicts, so feel free to use any skills necessary to catch him. The Pike's affinity for the Arisen will also be unaffected by anything that happens to him during this quest.
There are myriad methods the Arisen may employ to grab the thief (Pike) :
- Wait in the corner of Benita's House/Shop with the lantern turned off. Wait until he stands in front of Pablo's Inn. When he opens the door he pauses for 3-4 seconds. Run up to him and grab him.
- Wait at the gate for him to walk over and then chase him into a corner and grab him as he tries to run past. The "grab" command must be used at the correct time. Giving chase once he is past the player is a waste of time, simply go back to the front of the Inn and wait for him to circle back. Luckily there is only one exit from the town and he will always come back to it, so don't bother chasing him up the hill towards the church. The optimal situation is to have him run towards the destroyed hut where the quest Floral Delivery was accepted. He simply circles it and tries to come out the other side so wait and grab him.
- Another method is to face him, not chase him, then hit him with a melee weapon. If the attack connects, he will stop momentarily and the Arisen may grab him. He circles from the Village Cathedral to some small cliff facing the beach in an 8-style loop. He will try to turn and run past the player when they are close enough; coming from behind, usually insulting the Arisen or telling them to give up, as he does so.
- The thief will also pause a while if he runs into the alley across from Iola's House. This is another good opportunity to catch him.
- Another tactic is to just throw some Throwblast or Dragon's Spit at him. It will knock him right off his feet, making it very easy to simply pick him up. Explosives can be bought from Aestella who's right across the road from the Inn before the quest start.
- One more tactic is to wait for him to run down the high street and grab him.
Here are some vocation-specific techniques :
Rangers : Use Foot Binder/Body Binder to pin him to a wall. While he cannot be grabbed while trapped, successfully hitting him provides a window of several seconds to grab him as soon as he's free. This is easily done at the intersection near the inn, where he will run down the hill straight toward the player.
Sorcerers : Cast Lassitude to slow him down enough (Torpor) that he can easily be caught. A good way to hit him with the spell is to get him to run to Iola's house before readying and casting the spell.
Pablos will congratulate the Arisen on a job well done and stating that the thief, who's name is to be revealed as Pike, has a loose tongue. Pike is a member of the Iron Hammer Bandits who have been eating supplies stolen from nearby merchants. Pablos then warns the Arisen to be cautious if they intend on heading to the Southern part of Gransys, the Vestad Hills.
Bugsps3xbox360 While this bug is not game-breaking, it is possible for the thief to bug out and continue to run in a small circle for several seconds. Be ready for this as it is a good time to grab him.