Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The Fisherfolk of Cassardis have a thief in their midst. Help Pablos catch the scoundrel."
Speak With the Thief's Victims
- Talk to Aestella and Heraldo.
Speak with Pablos
- Report back to Pablos.
Catch the Thief
- Be on the look out for the Thief! Make sure he doesn't escape!
- The Thief has been successfully captured. Speak with Pablos.
- The Fisherfolk of Cassardis can rest easy now. Quest reward received.
This quest becomes available by speaking with Pablos at Pablos' Inn in Cassardis, after the Hydra is defeated in A Rude Awakening and upon acceptance of Off With Its Head (offered by Mercedes at the Encampment).
Speak With the Thief's VictimsEdit
Speak to the merchants Aestella and Heraldo who have been robbed. Sleep at the inn first to restart the day. Aestella can be founde in her shop across from the inn during the day, and Heraldo will often sit and talk near the village center.
Speak with PablosEdit
Once both Aestella and Heraldo have been spoken to, report back to Pablos at the inn. Pablos will then devise a plan to catch the thief at night and will ask the Arisen to make any preparations before continuing. Speak to Pablos again to continue and the time will progress to night. Pablos observes the rest of the quest from the upstairs room in the Inn - optionally - visit him to confirm your objectives.
Catch the ThiefEdit
The objective of this quest is to "grab" (see also Carrying and Grapple) the thief as he attempts to flee. The thief cannot be killed no matter how much damage the Arisen inflicts, so feel free to use any skills and or attacks necessary to catch him. Pike's affinity for the Arisen can be affected by what happens to him during this quest, but it will not interfere with completing this quest.
There are myriad methods the Arisen may employ to grab the thief (Pike) :
- Pike can be grabbed without attacking him or using spells - it is difficult can be frustrating - running is required to keep up with him - one tactic is to wait in his path, or take a short cut to anticipate his path, then attempt to grab as he passes.
- Pike may pause momentarily at doors, or when the pursuer is within close range - both give opportunities to capture him.
- The simpler method catch him is to attack with a melee weapon, arrows, athrown weapon (eg Throwblast) or spell - many attacks will stun, stagger, or knock him down, after which he is easily caught.
Pikes path is from the village church to near the beginning of the pier past the Inn - he will use both the possible routes through the village, though he sticks to the main paths.
Example vocation-specific techniques Edit
Rangers : Use Foot Binder/Body Binder to pin him to a wall. While he cannot be grabbed while trapped, successfully hitting him provides a window of several seconds to grab him as soon as he's free. This is easily done at the intersection near the inn, where he will run down the hill straight toward the player.
Sorcerers : Cast Lassitude to slow him down enough (Torpor) that he can easily be caught. A good way to hit him with the spell is to get him to run to Iola's house before readying and casting the spell. Maelstrom with leave him temporarily stunned and vulnerable once it dissipates.
Pablos will congratulate the Arisen on a job well done and stating that the thief, who's name is to be revealed as Pike, has a loose tongue. He is a member of the Iron Hammer Bandits who have been eating supplies stolen from nearby merchants. Pablos then warns the Arisen to be cautious if they intend on heading to the Southern part of Gransys, the Vestad Hills.