|Art of Metamorphosis|
Art of Metamorphosis is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"Arcane magick that can transmute one's appearance, allowing the user to edit both their Arisen and main pawn a single time."
The Art of Metamorphosis is a one-time-use only item, which can be bought at the Rift Shop in the Encampment for 5,000 Rift Crystals and is only available for purchase during Post-Game. See Johnathan, the old pawn in the yellow tunic at the back of the Command Tent. This installs the Character Editor at the main menu of the game, allowing the player to edit the visual appearance of the Arisen and main pawn once when the game menu is opened. After its use, the prompt will vanish permanently from the menu.
This item is similar to Secret of Metamorphosis in all respects save that it has a single use.
If the player has limited Rift Crystals, the Secret of Metamorphosis is a better bargain.
Using the Art of MetamorphosisEdit
- In order to edit the Arisen and main pawn, first buy this item and exit to the Title Menu. From there, head to the Main Menu. The purchase of this item adds an extra option to the Main Menu called "Character Edit".
- The "Character Edit" option is never displayed in the in-game item menu. Once the changes made have been agreed and accepted, the Character Edit option will be removed from the Main Menu.
- The Art of Metamorphosis does not restock within a single playthrough, although it will be available again in New Game Plus.
- Certain Downloadable Content character colors purchased from Johnathan will also be available in both Character Edit and in Devyn's Barber Shop.
- It is recommended to wait and purchase The Secret of Metamorphosis as opposed to the Art of Metamorphosis. The Secret of Metamorphosis can be used an unlimited amount of times while the latter can only be used once.
- There is a possible bug with this item that causes it to be consumed without editing the main pawn's appearance; if the Arisen's appearance is edited, but either the player exits the game via the console's dashboard or cancels the changes during editing of the main pawn, the Arisen will be altered but the main pawn will not and the option to edit will disappear from the main menu. Therefore, it is advisable that the player makes absolutely certain of their changes to the Arisen before confirming them to move onto the main pawn's settings.