"A sword wrought of an unknown metal imbued with holy light, giving its blade an otherworldly glow."
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||94,200 G|| 293,000 G|
Amber Dragon Scale x2
| 902,500 G|
Putrid Dragon Scale x5
| Click here for|
| 7,300 RC|
Surging Light Tome x3
| 11,300 RC|
Ruinous Relic x2
- Possible reward for slaying the Ur-Dragon (Offline and Online). You do not need to land the killing blow to the Online Ur-Dragon to get this item as it can be part of the reward for contributing towards one generation's demise.
Enhancement Item LocationsEdit
- Amber Dragon Scale
- Dropped by a Drake.
- There is one that is commonly found in Devilfire Grove, near the Rest Camp.
- In Post-Game, additionally located at the Conqueror's Sanctuary and in the Chamber of Fate within the Everfall.
- In Post-Game, there is one straight west of Gran Soren in the Estan Plains. Just take the road west right outside the city and you'll see him.
- Dropped by a Drake.
- Putrid Dragon Scale
- Dropped by the Ur-Dragon on destruction of one of its hearts.
- Surging Light Tome
- Can be obtained by Purifying Bitterblack Novelty Lv.2.
- May be found in chests throughout Bitterblack Isle, including:
- Forging at The Black Cat works once one is acquired. All forgeries work just like the original tome.
- Ruinous Relic
- Ascalon is a split damage weapon that attacks both physical and magickal damage thresholds. Arming a character with a high magick stat with this weapon can be very effective since the magickal melee damage threshold is significantly lower than the physical one.
- Second-most powerful enchanted sword; only Cursed Light is stronger.
- Although they are NOT the most powerful primary weapons in the game, Holy enchanted weapons like Ascalon, Heaven's Key , Cursed Light, Totem Mace, Dwells-In-Light, and Angel's Fist are arguably the most useful and versatile weapons to wield since they damage EVERY creature type in the game (except Saurian Sages, Giant Saurian Sages , Death and the Dark Bishop) and are VERY effective against ghost enemy types, Undead, Skeletons, Living Armor and the Ur-Dragon. For Death and the Dark Bishop specifically, one can bring along a straight physical damage weapon like Framae Blades, Devilsbane, etc.
- Magic enhancing augments like Acuity and Attunement increase the effectiveness of magic imbued weapons.
- This is the most powerful (magical damage) sword that can be gifted or traded to another pawn. Beware that lower level characters consume significantly more stamina when using high level weapons like Ascalon. Presumably, this is a game balancing measure to ensure new players are not given overly powerful weapons from online friends.
- This weapon has a minimal level 41 requirement without a stamina drain penalty. Any Arisen using this weapon who is below the minimal level 41 requirement will experience RAPID stamina loss with regular attacks, skill usage and running. In addition, stamina recovers at a much slower rate. Just having Ascalon equipped will cause stamina drain when using a Rusted Shield for shield skill attacks if the character is below the minimal level requirement for Ascalon.
- Due to its permanent Holy enchantment, Ascalon may regenerate the health of the wielder while attacking foes.
- Ascalon was the name of the sword wielded by Saint George to slay the dragon in the "Golden Legend" of Saint George and the Dragon. The battle took place in the town of "Silene".
- As Saint George is the patron saint of England, Winston Churchill named his personal aircraft "Ascalon" during World War II.