"A sword wrought of an unknown metal imbued with holy light, giving its blade an otherworldly glow."
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||94,200 G|| 293,000 G|
Amber Dragon Scale x2
| 902,500 G|
Putrid Dragon Scale x5
| Click here for|
| 7,300 RC|
Surging Light Tome x3
| 11,300 RC|
Ruinous Relic x2
- Possible reward for killing the Ur-Dragon (offline and online).
Enhancement Item LocationsEdit
- Amber Dragon Scale
- Dropped by a Drake.
- There is one that is commonly found in Devilfire Grove, near the Rest Camp.
- In Post-Game, additionally located at the Conqueror's Sanctuary and in the Chamber of Fate within the Everfall.
- In Post-Game, there is one straight west of Gran Soren in the Estan Plains. Just take the road west right outside the city and you'll see him.
- Dropped by a Drake.
- Putrid Dragon Scale
- Dropped by the Ur-Dragon on destruction of one of its hearts.
- Surging Light Tome
- Can be obtained by Purifying Bitterblack Novelty Lv.2.
- May be found in chests throughout Bitterblack Isle, including:
- Forging at The Black Cat works once one is acquired. All forgeries work just like the original tome.
- Ruinous Relic
- Ascalon is a split damage weapon that attacks both physical and magickal damage thresholds. Arming a character with a high magick stat with this weapon can be very effective since the magickal melee damage threshold is significantly lower than the physical one.
- Second-most powerful enchanted sword; only Cursed Light is stronger.
- Although they are NOT the most powerful primary weapons in the game, Holy enchanted weapons like Ascalon, Heaven's Key , Cursed Light, Totem Mace, Dwells-In-Light, and Angel's Fist are arguably the most useful and versatile weapons to wield since they damage EVERY creature type in the game (except Saurian Sages, Giant Saurian Sages , Death and the Dark Bishop) and are VERY effective against ghost enemy types, Undead, Skeletons, Living Armor and the Ur-Dragon. For Death and the Dark Bishop specifically, one can bring along a straight physical damage weapon like Framae Blades, Devilsbane, etc.
- Magic enhancing augments like Acuity and Attunement increase the effectiveness of magic imbued weapons.
- This is the most powerful sword that can be gifted or traded to another pawn. Beware that lower level characters consume significantly more stamina when using high level weapons like Ascalon. Presumably, this is a game balancing measure to ensure new players are not given overly powerful weapons from online friends.
- This weapon has an undetermined minimal level stamina drain. Any Arisen using this weapon who is below its minimal level requirement will experience RAPID stamina loss with regular attacks, skill usage and running. In addition, stamina recovers at a much slower rate. Just having Ascalon equipped will cause stamina drain when using a Rusted Shield for shield skill attacks if the character is below the minimal level requirement for Ascalon.
- Ascalon was the name of the sword Saint George used to slay a dragon in legend.
- Due to its permanent Holy Enchantment, attacking foes with Ascalon can cause small portions of health to be re-gained.