30 Rift Crystals
- "Madeleine suddenly abandoned her shop and vanished, leaving only a dagger behind. Perhaps she's caught up in some kind of trouble..."
Inquire After Madeleine
- Speak with nearby townspeople to uncover clues about Madeleine's sudden disappearance.
Seek out Madeleine in Gran Soren
- Word has it Madeleine is somewhere in the capital. Find her.
- You bade Madeleine farewell. Perhaps you will meet again, someday... Quest reward received.
This quest becomes available during Stage 5 of the game, after completing the two storyline quests The Wyrmking's Ring and Pride Before a Fall. However, two previous side quests involving Madeleine (Guard Duty and Chasing Shadows) must also have been completed.
Upon entering Madeleine's shop in Gran Soren, the quest is initiated when the Arisen picks up Madeleine's Divine Razors sitting on the counter. A Gran Soren citizen named Katlyn will appear and tell the Arisen that Madeleine has run into some trouble and has gone into hiding.
Inquire After MadeleineEdit
In order to track down Madeleine, speak with the townspeople of Gran Soren. Go to the Alehouse near Fountain Square and speak with both Arsmith and Nettie. They will relay some information on Madeleine's whereabouts.
Seek Out Madeleine in Gran SorenEdit
Outside, head to the right to discover Madeleine hiding behind a crate.
Ser Marcas asks if Madeleine has been hereabouts.
Whatever the Arisen decides, Madeleine will express her gratitude and ask for 50,000 Gold in travel expenses. Giving her the money will again increase Madeleine's Affinity level. Increasing Madeleine's Affinity level is helpful to access her expanded inventory in Post-Game (at lower affinity levels, some items in Madeleine's shop are unavailable).
Quest completion & OutcomesEdit
After completing this quest, Madeleine (and her shop inventory) will remain inaccessible until after the Dragon is defeated (Post-Game). Post-Game, Madeleine's availability has three possible outcomes :
- If this quest is completed Madeleine will move to Cassardis in the post-game. Her shop is available.
- If the quest was started, but not completed; Madeleine will move to the fields in Gran Soren in Post-Game, but will not sell any items.
- If this quest was not started she will move to the fields in Gran Soren during Post-Game and will sell items.
- This is the only time the Divine Razors (fairly unremarkable daggers) may be obtained. If the daggers were returned to Madeleine, the daggers may be re-obtained when the quest appears again in a New Game Plus. Weapons cannot be forged.
- The Divine Razors must not be enhanced if they are to be returned to Madeleine.
- Just like Madeleine's request for 1,000 Gold earlier in the game, there is no (Gold) return investment if she is given 50,000 Gold. Continuously helping Madeleine throughout the game and giving her Gold raises her Affinity level and expands her final shop inventory in Post-Game. A lower Affinity level will translate to less equipment offerings when she is re-discovered after The Dragon is slain.
- If the player does not wish to increase Madeleine's Affinity but still be able access her shop in Gran Soren during Post-Game (with a slightly limited inventory), then NOT starting the quest is the best option. Simply DO NOT PICK UP THE DIVINE RAZORS on the countertop to initiate the quest. On the other hand, it is necessary to complete this quest once in order to earn The Hero achievement trophy.