- Catacombs (from the northern Catacombs entrance, go through the unbarred metal door to the elevator lever. Use the First Key To Salvation to the access the adjacent staircase leading down. Collect the five Gems of Salvation in the scattered sarcophagi within to open the final door leading to Balsac).
- Vulnerable to all debilitations.
- Vulnerable to physical attacks.
- Balsac can summon unlimited Skeletons at will. Slay him as quickly as possible or risk being overwhelmed by Skeleton hordes.
- This character may be based on the characteristics of Balzac, the ruler of a castle in the video game Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage.
- The character may also be a reference to the band GWAR whose rhythm guitarist also goes by Balsac; the spelling is the same.
Monologue before the battle
- "Welcome, Arisen. Tis an honor to have you come so far to meet us."
- "Are you here seeking the source of the skeletons, or have you just come to rid us of a few traitors? My thanks, by the by."
- "I see no call for secrets. It was Salvation loosed those bone warriors upon the land. They are....an experiment.... A vanguard."
- "All in preparation for the day of reckoning to come."
- "You shall have an honored place among them, Arisen."
- "Aye, your bones shall lead the march as the red dawn breaks!"
- "All things....to ash...."