Bandits are normally found in abandoned locations or open fields waiting to ambush travelers. They can use many of the same skills you and your Pawns have access to. These skills include those of the Fighter, Warrior, Strider, Ranger and Mage, and although they don't use the upgraded versions of those skills, they can use them rapidly. So fighting a large group could be just as deadly as facing a large monster.
At early levels(10~23), many players may die from one combo from a Fighter/Warrior class bandit so at these levels it is recommended to engage them at range. Higher level bandit Rangers are very powerful, capable of easily dealing massive amounts of damage at range even for mid-level players, so it is highly suggested to take them out ASAP. Rarely there can be a Magick Archer class Bandit and he seems to be found only in the Bandit infested canyon on the way to Bluemoon Tower so watch out for him as well as he locks on to you and rarely misses.
- If you are a Mage or Sorcerer, try to use a lightning elemental attack. It will knock down any human monster for a few seconds giving you time to counterattack.
- Aim for the Mages first as they can heal other Bandits.
- You can grab and throw Bandits off cliffs for an easy kill. Grappling Bandits as a Fighter-type Class will greatly reduce their defense so that your teammates can follow up for an easy kill.
- Striders/Rangers will quickly become very annoying as they will shoot arrows that will knock you down or stun-lock you, leaving you open to the devastating attacks of the Warriors. Get evasive or get up close to them and take them out at melee range.
- If you see the Magick Archer take him out first or else your party will constantly be pelted with unavoidable arrows.
- Do not underestimate Bandits until you are strong enough (roughly level 35-40+), because they are quite dangerous if you are caught unawares, and can kill you quickly. Focus on avoiding their attacks and taking out the ranged attackers and mages first.
- The Sorcerer spell Exequy does NOT work on human enemies.
|Blink Strike||Phys||The charging stab move of the Fighter class, they will quickly close the distance to you and knock you down. It comes out fast and with little warning so be wary around Fighter Bandits.|
|Biting Wind||Phys||Bandit Strides will dash past the player hitting multiple times and sometimes stunning you opening you up to more attacks.|
|Downthrust||Phys||A very powerful downward thrust that will knock you onto the ground.|
|Shield Strike||Phys||While blocking if you hit their shields they will often counter with the Fighter's Shield Strike attack, stunning you for a follow-up attack.|
|Scarlet Kisses||Phys||Bandit Striders will close in on you and use the close-range Scarlet Kisses move. If you get hit, you will be stun-locked in the attack until it ends, which often causes massive damage.|
|Toss and Trigger||Phys/Mag||The Bandit Strider will execute an uppercut. If it hits it will knock the target into the air and follow up with an explosive charge that causes fire damage. This will end with you on the ground, open to other attacks.|
|Ensnare||Spec||Grabs a target with strings and knocks them to the ground.|
|Fivefold Flurry||Phys||At range Bandit Striders will shoot 5 arrows at you in one shot. This comes out very quick, will stun you if you get hit and they can perform this move several times at time. This is one of the most annoying moves for Mages as it hits hard and prevents spellcasting.|
|Full Bend||Phys||At range Bandit Striders will charge up one powerful shot and fire it. This will knock down the target it hits and will quickly become very annoying, especially if the Strider is located on higher ground, where it will knock you back down while you are climbing up.|
|Cloudburst Volley||Phys||The Bandit Strider will fire several arrows up into the air, which will rain down on in an area around the target. This AoE attack can stun multiple party members, leaving you open to the other Bandits.|
|Anodyne||Mag||Bandit Mages will cast this spell to heal their teammates. It won't heal your party so don't try it.|
|High Ingle||Mag/Status||Bandit Mages will let loose 3 fireballs at a target. This can cause burning and is more damaging to Fighter Classes since they have low Magick Defense.|
|Blearing||Mag/Status||Invokes a magical sigil around the bandit causing blindness to all who enter.|
|Silentium||Mag/Status||Casts a sigil on the ground that can cause Silence in whoever is inside.|
|Upward Strike||Phys||Bandit Warriors will stab a target and then knock them flying into the air. This does significant damage and leaves you vulnerable on the ground.|
|Dire Arrow||Phys||Bandit Rangers will do a more powerful version of the Full Bend skill that will knock down a target at long range.|
|Sixfold Arrow||Phys||Bandit Rangers will shoot 6 arrows rapidly at a target, doing more damage that the Strider version and easily killing low defense party members. They also love to spam this move so watch out.|
|Hunter Arrow||Mag||Magick Archer Bandits can use this to hit all of your party with homing holy bolts and it can't miss, although it has very poor tracking.|