"A heavy sword forged by a master smithy. It's great heft makes for devastating strikes."
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||8,280 G|| 25,800 G|
Southron Iron x4
| 79,400 G|
Unremarkable Ore x6
| Click here for|
| 6,000 RC|
| 9,000 RC|
Elder Ogre Fang x2
- Sold by:
- May be found in chests at:
- Soulflayer Canyon, from the Barta Crags entrance, turn southeast and follow the wooden scaffolding, at its end is a ladder, climb it down, chest is right next to this ladder.
- The Blighted Manse, located just on the left on entering (from the Manse side) the large area with lots of wooden platforms over water, with Bandits everywhere.
- Given by Caxton for escorting him to Hillfigure Knoll in the Noticeboard Quest A Prospector's Partner, acquired from the Union Inn in Gran Soren.
Enhancement Item Locations
- Southron Iron
- Unremarkable Ore
- Can be mined from Ore Deposits in the Ancient Quarry.
- Elder Ogre Fang
- Dropped by an Elder Ogre.
- The term "Bastard" sword refers to the dual use of this sword for both cutting and thrusting. Most swords prior to the 15th and 16th centuries had single purpose use, such as the French fencing Épée (specifically used for stabbing and thrusting) or the Scottish Claymore (specifically used for slashing or cutting). Alternately the "Bastard" designation may refer to the compromised length of the blade, halfway between a longsword and shortsword. (Source: paraphrased from Wikipedia).
- This is the sword that was used by the Duke to knight the Arisen.
- The sword has a "flame" pattern along the blade - this is likely to be a result of regular pattern welding, a profession sword making technique.