Baudric was once a scholar who wrote about the Rift, until he disappeared for a while, then one day he showed up singing.
It appears impossible to gain affinity with him, although he will give you an escort request if you provide him with a gift.
- Deliverance (Escort Quest)
- You name me mad? Oh no, I'm not mad! I'm the sanest man you'll ever see! This crisis, Arisen, springs from your hand, and thus you must make us all free.
- Alive? Alive! Such talk of alive! It's all become rather a bore. You should, like the birds, or the beasts of the field, take first in such things nevermore.
- Do you stand before me? Do you see me true? Or is this some terrible jape? The maker can't save you if he isn't there, no matter how you bend and you scrape.
- You claim that you live just by thinking it so, but such thoughts are wicked and sad. To never consider that you might be false is a path trod by only the mad!