"The air is heavy, and...somehow sad."
Bitterblack Isle is a dark and very mysterious place. Countless people have visited this place in hopes of finding something. Whether on a quest from a king of old or just seeking fame and glory, many who venture into the maze have never again seen the light of day.
Here live unspeakable creatures no one has seen outside its walls. Bitterblack Isle also is the home for strange plants that can be used to create new curatives; ores never seen before lie within rocks littering the entire isle.
The entrance is marked with an epitaph, a slab of stone etched with stories and accounts of other adventurers that have traveled into this forsaken place. Some of their tales might be of use for those who dare journey these halls.
This place is similar to the Everfall in terms of style of layout; tight corners, dark places, giant halls and open spaces. Many places within Bitterblack Isle look almost similar and have chests in almost the same place, so memory of one room may help with the next one.
Cursed loot is scattered throughout the Isle. When the curse is lifted one might find a rare and powerful item such as a weapon whose power is overwhelming, a ring that grants inhuman strength, or a potion that eases the mind and soul. Whatever the item may be, it waits within the halls of Bitterblack Isle.
There is an underlying system of death here. When one kills a monster, be it goblin or dragon, they all leave a bloody, rotting corpse behind that does not disappear. As the corpse rots the stench is carried through the halls and may attract hungry creatures. Deep exploration in Bitterblack Isle makes the air heavier and the smell travels in the halls faster and farther, which may attract even more dire monsters.
The interior is divided into 3 segments for each boss.
Notice Board QuestsEdit
These Quests appear at the Pier of Bitterblack Isle. Edit
In Aid of the Emerald King
Visions of the End
The Wages of Death
- A Guiding Light
- Eyes of the Deep
- Dousing the Blight
- Slumbering Promise
- The Heart of Darkness (Post-Daimon)
Loot (outiside the main entrance, near Olra) Edit
- Chest #1 : Giant Coin Pouch, Circlet
- Chest #4 : Golden Talisman
- Chest #5 : Extrinsic Waistguard
- Chest #6 : Month-Dried Harspud
- Chest #7 : Rift Crystal
Points of InterestEdit
- From the main entrance (near Olra and the notice board) it is possible to levitate up to every upper part of the exterior to access 4 bonus chests, and even up to the exit of Bitterblack Sanctum where the Daimon battle is fought. However, the Arisen cannot re-enter through the back door to the Bitterblack Sanctum to re-fight/farm the Daimon. Begin by levitating up the pillar near the entrance to the Corridor of Emptiness (the path to the right of the main entrance, if facing Olra).
- The northern mining point on the third floor is rich in Rubicite.
- There is a Rest Camp near Olra which can be used to rest and regain lost health. This resting spot is free and differs from resting spots in Gransys in that it does not advance time. If you wish to advance time to respawn enemies and/or chests it is best to travel back to Gransys and rest 2 full day/night cycles to respawn most enemies or four day/night cycles to respawn chests.
- You can use the resting bench to respawn enemies for at least some areas on BBI (if not all), but you have to rest 4-5 times to do so. Confirmed; it works in the Garden of Ignominy, Post-Daimon.
|Due to the fact that Barroch isn't affected when The Dragon is defeated and the innumerable amount of Arisens that have perished upon the island, it is theorised that Bitterblack Isle is displaced from space and time in a way very much like The Everfall. This is supported by the sudden appearance of the island off the coast of Southern Gransys and that while players are on the island its moon and sky always looks like eternal night.|