The sanctum resembles a basilica, with a staircase leading through its narthex to a secondary chamber, with aisles behind pillars. The floor strongly resembles Byzantine mosaics. Between the gargoyle-adorned columns, there appears to be some primitive frescos. At the far end, in the apse, is what resembles a fallen arch (easily confused for a throne, as Daimon is sitting upon its remains when the player first enters), amongst piles of bones.
The ceiling is crumbled away in some areas showing what appears to be the rift. This gives a similar feel to the Ur-Dragon's arena, although the Sanctum is shaped differently. To the northwest transept, there is a gated treasure chamber which opens once the battle is complete.
The Sanctum is the arena for the final boss fight. The player can use the columns or arch as cover from attacks. The pillars can be destroyed by Daimon's attacks and two-handed weapons wielded by the Arisen or Pawns.
- For rewards for defeating Daimon, see Daimon
Destroying the various crates around the sanctum will yield different curatives, but the items below are consistently placed (going clockwise on the map, starting from the entrance) :
- South (entrance) : Macabre Sculpture (on the upper landing of the stairs on the right behind a pot prior to entering the cathedral and engaging Daimon).
- South : Salubrious Brew lies on the ground near the entry door (once the battle begins).
- West : Harspud Sauce, Panacea and a Salubrious Brew on the ground near the broken pillar by the exit door.
- North : Wakestone (on the ground, to the right of Daimon's throne).
- North : Godly Analeptic lies on the ground behind the throne.
- East : Three Harspud Sauces lie on the ground, near the broken pillars.
- Daimon must be defeated before the gate leading to the chests opens.
|No.||First form contents||Awakened form contents|
|1||Bitterblack Weapon Lv.2 (common), Bitterblack Armor Lv.2 (rare)||Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3 (common)
, Perfect Rift Crystal (uncommon)
|3||Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 (common), Rift Polycrystal , Perfect Rift Crystal||Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (common), Rift Polycrystal , Perfect Rift Crystal|
|4||Bitterblack Gear Lv.3 (common), Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (very rare 2%), Rift Polycrystal , Perfect Rift Crystal||Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 (common), Rift Polycrystal , Perfect Rift Crystal|