Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3 is an item available in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
"A weapon bearing no maker's mark, cursed with blackest magick."
The result is ultimately one of the twelve weapons listed below.
Each Weapon has one fixed Red, one fixed Yellow and one fixed Blue result that the player can choose by changing the vocation of the Arisen and Main Pawn to matching "colors" at the moment of purification.
Weapon results are determined by a PREDETERMINED "seed" attached to the PSN / GT of the individual player, and is different for each player.
RED Results can be one of the following:
- Bitter End [Longsword]
- Virge of Madness [Mace]
- Devilsbane [Sword]
- Devil's Nail [Warhammer]
- Diabolic Shield [Magick Shield]
- Dread Aspis [Shield]
YELLOW Results can be one of the following:
BLUE results can be one of the following:
Once revealed, an individual Red/Yellow/Blue item will NOT change upon re-purification (of that specific weapon).
Purification is pre-determined by an in-game list, which is different for each player.
Discarding, selling (in-game), or gifting un-purified items away will NOT skip items on the player's pre-determined list.
- In a futile attempt to save Rift Crystals, Player "A" discards, sells, or gifts three un-purified cursed Bitterblack Lv. 3 Weapons.
- Player A acquires three additional un-purified cursed Bitterblack Lv. 3 Weapons.
- Player A purifies the three newly acquired cursed weapons.
- Player A's purification results will be the SAME three items as the ones previously discarded, sold or gifted.
Refer to the Purification page for a more detailed explanation.
Avoid having the Arisen as a Hybrid Vocation at the moment of Purification in order to ensure more predictable outcomes. For example, the Assassin vocation is a hybrid of Red/Yellow and can influence a purification at random by selecting EITHER a Red or Yellow result.
Bitterblack Weapons Level 3
|Used by:||Basic Vocation||Advanced Vocation||Hybrid Vocation|
|Purified by Red||Devil's Bane|
|Virge of Madness|
|Purified by Yellow||Framae Blades|
|Revenant Wail||Blackwing Bow|
|Purified by Blue||Dominion Claw||Sanguine Stalk||Dominion Claw|
- Post-Daimon chests have a chance of containing Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3:
- The Bloodless Stockade
- Chest #12 in the First Level Underground has a very small drop rate (~4.3% chance).
- The Fallen City
- The North-East ornate chest #19 has a very small drop rate (~2.9% chance).
- Bitterblack Sanctum
- The Eastern ornate chest #01 in Daimon's chest room (nearest the door) has a good drop rate (~66% chance).
- The Bloodless Stockade
- Dropped by:
- Gifting these cursed items UNPURIFIED to Hired Pawns (when releasing them in a Rift Stone) is the only way to share or trade Bitterblack Novelties, Gear, Weapons and Armor. When purified by the recipient, the final outcome is determined by the recipient player's position on their own internal list, and can be manipulated to one of the three red/blue/yellow results by the vocation of the Arisen and Main Pawn at the time of purification.
- All Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3s have a minimum level requirements of level 51. Until the level requirement is met, using even basic core attacks, weapon skills and sprinting will consume unusually large amounts of stamina. In addition, stamina will replenish at a much slower rate. Simply having Framae Blades equipped while an under-leveled Arisen fires basic shots from a Rusted Bow will consume considerable stamina.