Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brine are tiny mist-like creatures that live in the large bodies of water surrounding, and sometimes within, Gransys, and are very dangerous. Their existence makes it extremely difficult to enter rivers or the ocean, or travel through them.
"Drowning" in Brine-infested waters will result in the player washing up on the shore of whatever body of water they drowned in. However, pawns who drown will be returned to the Rift, meaning they will have to be resummoned with whatever costs may be associated with re-renting.
- The Brine does not inflict any damage to the Arisen, who will awaken on a nearby shore. Pawns, NPCs and monsters consumed by the Brine will perish. Pawns will need to be re-hired at a Rift Stone, NPCs will respawn after 7-in game days and monsters will stay dead but not drop any loot.
- Coming into contact with Brine infested waters depletes the Arisen's and Pawn's Stamina.
- Brine is always in deep water, so don't fear crossing rivers. There are river areas that are Brine-infested, but the water level is also very deep there.
- Luring Boss monsters into the Brine is an easy way to kill them, although this will forfeit any loot drops.
- Any items and equipment Hired Pawns carry when consumed by the Brine is safely returned to the inventory of the Arisen who hired them, not to their creator's Arisen.
- When the Arisen is overburdened by loot from a day's adventuring, the Arisen may find it useful to load up a Hired Pawn with as much loot as possible and throw them into Brine waters. If a Rift Stone is nearby, the Arisen may simply re-hire that pawn (or another pawn) with all the previously loaded up loot safely returned to their own storage. This is especially helpful when the Arisen is far afield from any Inns or Rest areas. Any items and equipment loaded onto the Main Pawn, however, is fully intact on their person when the Arisen touches a Rift Stone to recover them, so use this trick with Hired Pawns.
- The Legion's Might staff (for Mage pawns) will not auto-revive pawns that are consumed by the Brine. Drowned pawns will need to be re-hired at a Rift Stone.
- Even the Seneschal can be taken by the Brine in the deeper waters of Cassardis.
On Bitterblack Isle one can actually walk under water defeating the Brine.
- Unequip any weapon for ease.
- Walk to the end of the dock.
- Jump towards the boat and as soon as you're about to grab on to the boat do a Light Attack.
- You should now fall through the boat into the water without triggering the Brine.