Brine are tiny mist-like creatures that live in the large bodies of water surrounding, and sometimes within, Gransys, and are very dangerous. Their existence makes it extremely difficult to enter rivers or the ocean, or travel through them.
"Drowning" in brine infested waters will result in the player washing up on the shore of whatever body of water they drowned in. Pawns who drown will be returned to the rift however, meaning they will have to be resummoned with whatever costs may be associated with that.
- Coming into contact with Brine infested waters will cause continuous damage to the Arisen and his/her Pawns Stamina
- Falling into deep water as the Arisen will respawn you on the shore close by. Anyone else, be they Pawn or monster or NPC that falls into the water will be consumed by the Brine and perish. Pawns will need to be recalled at a Rift Stone, NPCs will respawn after 7-in game days and monsters will stay dead but not drop any loot.
- Brine is usually always in deeper water, not in shallow. So don't fear crossing rivers.
- Luring Boss monsters into the Brine is an easy way to kill them.
- Even the Seneschal can be taken by the Brine in the deeper waters of Cassardis.