- See also Elemental Debilitation.
Enemy fire spells or the fire breath of Drakes, The Dragon, Firedrakes, Hellhounds and Pyre Saurians may inflict Burning. A few enemies may also first attempt to inflict Tarring so that successive Fire attacks are more effective, inflicting Burning more quickly. This is the reason why Goblins throw Flasks of Oil and Torches.
- Burning forces flying enemies to land.
- Burning can also be used against Wolves, Direwolves and Saurians. They will roll on the ground to extinguish the flames; this puts them in a vulnerable position out of battle stance.
- Goblins are also incapacitated by fire -they run around in a panic, and may set other goblins alight too.
- Tarring does not increase the damage from burning, but does cause an increase in damage by the strike or spell that ignited it.
- Drenched can remove Burning and Tarring from a target.
- Oddly, resistance to elemental fire does not reduce the chance of being set on fire, nor does it reduce the damage from being on fire.