Cassardis (カサディス) is the hometown of the Arisen, and the first town that the player begins his/her journey from. Cassardis was once autonomous, but became a vassal of Gran Soren during Chief Adaro's leadership in exchange for greater protection.
Cassardis is a small fishing village in the southeast of Gransys and the homeplace of the Arisen. The village consists of more than a dozen dwellings on the hillside around a sheltered bay. The entire village is surrounded by a protective wall, with a gate leading to Seabreeze Trail guarded by a Watchtower.
The gate leads to the nearest thing the village has to a village square. Here, a well is found that leads down to Dripstone Cave, the Barn, and the village store at Aestella's and Benita's House. Pablos' Inn also faces the 'square'. There is also a Rift Stone here.
The path to the chief's house passes the Arisen's house and two other dwellings - one a Fisherman's House, the other, ruined. An arched gatehouse straddles the path to the chief's house. In the cliffs below the chief's house is a cave, containing a single gravestone.
The path to the chapel passes through the main part of the village, splitting into two on the way uphill. From the square the buildings are: on the right : Benita's House, Heraldo's Grocery, a fisherman's house on the right; and on the left Aestella's, Iola's House, a dwelling ruined by the Dragon, and lastly, two more Fishermen's houses.
In the area between the two paths leading uphill to the chapel are two further Fishermen's houses, dwellings of Merin and Valmiro. The side route leads passed an entrance alley to Inez's Alehouse and leads to the steps up to the chapel, with a second smaller well at the base of the steps.
The Village Chapel is outside the village's walls, now ruined in this part, and has several graves in its grounds.
The village faces the open ocean, with a sandy beach leading down to the sea. The Village Pier juts out into the sea and is the starting place for the quests of Dark Arisen. To the south, a smaller second bay, Starfall Bay, is accessed by a rock tunnel - in Post-Game there is a special rift stone here giving access to the Ur-Dragon.
Much of the roof tops of the village are traversable, accessed by climbing and jumping. Cassardite may be found in the chimneys of Cassardis and nowhere else.
Several places in Cassardis are inaccessible: The gatehouse on the path to the chief's house, the rooms above Valmiro's dwellings, a large hall like building adjacent to the village chapel, and several structures along the village walls.
Villagers mill about Cassardis on their business during the day - at night (signaled by striking of the church bell) many will return to their homes - after dark, doors are locked, shops close, and most dwellings may not be entered. Exceptions are the Inn and Alehouse.
Loot and fauna
A wide variety of useful materials can be found in Cassardis: gathering spots, crates, boxes, and chests that yield gold, hemp, minor curatives and so on. The sea yields fish, and the local flora includes Sweet Pollen, Gransys Herb, and Greenwarish. Tools such as the Work Table may be found here. Fauna include two kept Ox and seabirds.
Pawn Travel Knowledge
- Upstairs area of Pablos' Inn (may require sleeping at the Inn)
- Travelling to the entrance of Starfall Bay
- Adaro's home, specifically Quina's bedroom, to the left when you enter. "Quina's room bears such a pleasant scent," is the trigger line.
- The burned home next to Iola's. Also, entering the room on the right side of it (when facing the beach and stepping outside) triggers a talking point.
- A pawn may need to visit on a rental to trigger some of this knowledge; this has been known to happen.
- Chief Adaro's House
- Shopowners and Innkeeps
- Fisherfolk (see also Fisherman's House)
- Resolve the local aftereffects of the Dragon's attack: Floral Delivery, Grim Tidings, Lost Faith
- Crimes: An Uninvited Guest
- Trouble with the well: Deep Trouble, Deeper Trouble
- Helping Valmiro: Dying of Curiosity, Farewell, Valmiro
Escort quests by destination
- Warrior's Departure: Jaquan, Grecio, Rojay, Valmiro, Barten, Elonzo, Inez, and Iola can be escorted there anytime after you awaken in Cassardis. Jaquan can be found speaking with Elonzo on the road to the church right after you wake up from the Dragon's attack - he disappears from the game after that. You should know that Grecio disappears from the game as soon as you open the road to Gran Soren in the quest Off With Its Head, and Rojay vanishes soon after that. You also only have access to Valmiro for a little while, since he leaves after the quest Farewell, Valmiro.
- Bloodwater Beach: Clemente, Auster, and Lewes all want to go there and they are also available from the beginning of the game. Bloodwater Beach is a long way and is a good location to place a Portcrystal for rapid travel on later visits.
- Cape Pactforge: Alita and Benita both want to go there. They will be ready to go as soon as you chase the Hydra away from the Encampment.
- Stones of Courage: Ema, Janielle, Ramon, and Sentena and all want to go to there after your first meeting with Bernard at the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren.
- The Shadow Fort - A Drake prowls near the route, a grave and challenging threat to new Arisen.
- Prayer Falls - After you complete the main mission Lure of the Abyss, an escort mission to take Quina to the falls near the Abbey in the Wilted Forest will become available. Do this before you tell Maximillian that you want to "Hear the Duke's directive" or you will miss the opportunity to do the quest.
- According to the List of Escort Quests, the following people also start their escort quest at the board in Cassardis; Alon, Fournival, Sofiah, Symone
- Tomlin and Ansell have escort quests starting in Gran Soren.