The Catacombs have multiple exits, but the main entrance is to the north of Deos Hills. Two other entrances to the Catacombs exist, but are initially blocked:
- Under the large bridge over the river near Gran Soren (Catacombs Rear Passage 2 connecting to the northwestern part of the Catacomb's 'Third Level Underground')
- and an entrance close to the Collapsed Meeting Room in the Estan Plains outside Gran Soren (Catacombs Rear Passage 1, connecting to the southestern part of the 'Second Level Underground').
- Dragon's Dogma
- Seeking Salvation - investigate the Salvation cult
- Rise of the Fallen -investigate the cause of Skeleton attacks
- A Parting Gift - acquire a Pilgrim's Charm
- Minor quests :
- Dark Arisen
There are numerous chests, and sarcophagi in the tombs. Plants are unknown here, and mushrooms are uncommon. Skulls, curatives, and lesser items such as Empty Flasks are common. All kinds of environmental objects such as Pots, Explosive Barrels, boxes and Large Stones are all abundant.
Catacomb Gold is unique to the area's deep level ore deposits.
|Lower Levels Map||Chest||Contents|
|17||Scorched Pelta, Crescending Roar, Frozen Tomorrow, Coin Purse of Charity, Light-Cure, Salomet's Secret, or a Monk's Periapt.|
- The Catacombs may be explored at any time, even before the quests Seeking Salvation and Rise of the Fallen.
- The Catacombs teem with Undead - any form of Holy based weapon or magic is recommended.
- There is a hidden room on the First Floor of the Catacombs, which pawns will draw attention to - vocations with limited jumping skills can make use of a nearby indestructible crate to gain access to the room via a broken high wall section.
- The underground geography does not line up with the overground exits - the exit from the 3rd Level Underground (Usually first found during Seeking Salvation) is far to the west of the exit under the bridge near Gran Soren - almost under the Wilted Forest in fact.