Character Weight is a concept in Dragon's Dogma.
The amount a character weighs not only determines the appearance of a character but also affects its stats. The weight of a character has a significant effect on its encumbrance, and stamina usage and regeneration.
Lighter characters will prove to be quick and energetic while larger characters can hold more items without losing performance and will find it easier to lift and throw items, and grapple enemies and other characters. Medium weight characters will strike a healthy balance between all these categories.
Character weight is affected by a number of factors, the main ones being Character Height, character build, and musculature.
In addition to a character's weight's influence on stamina regeneration; weight, or more specifically the weight class is the major factor in carrying capacity and henceforth in encumbrance - encumbrance is an important factor on stamina use generally and is a major factor on movement speed.
|Under 50 KGs||SS||500||53/s (125%)||100%||Very Small||40 KG|
|50 - 69 KGs||S||520||48/s (115%)||100%||Small||50 KG|
|70 - 89 KGs||M||540||42/s (100%)||100%||Moderate||65 KG|
|90 - 109 KGs||L||560||38/s (90%)||100%||High||75 KG|
|Over 109 KGs||LL||580||31/s (75%)||100%||Very High||100 KG|
|§ As given in the status menu (ie naked weight)|
† Base Stamina at level 1
‡ No noticeable difference found in stamina use either whilst running or clinging.
- Able to activate pressure plates faster.
- Hitbox is likely to be bigger; smaller classes have a correspondingly smaller hitbox.
- Able to grapple and immobilize targets better.
- Harpies can't fly off with a heavier class clinging to its legs, or fly more slowly
- Able to move with less effort through Windworn Valley
- The Leg-Strength skill (reduce encumbrance level by one) is more effective for heavy characters because for them the difference in mass between encumbrance levels is greater.
- Likely to have a smaller hitbox.
- Movement when hanging onto a harpy is quicker
- The Sinew skill is a proportionately larger percentage increase to lighter characters because of their lower default carrying capacity.
- Different body parts also can change the character's height and weight.
- The heaviest and lightest builds are not the tallest or shortest, though the difference is small.
- Walking and jogging speed is not affected by weight, but is affected by Character Height. It is affected indirectly be encumbrance.
- Run speed is only affected by encumbrance.
- Climbing speed is not affected by character weight (or height)
- If Character Weight is changed using the Secret of Metamorphosis or Art of Metamorphosis to a different weight class then the base Stamina will be altered also.