Character Weight is a concept in Dragon's Dogma.
The amount a character weighs not only determines the appearance of a character but also affects its stats. The weight of a character has a significant effect on its speed, stamina usage and other mechanics.
Lighter characters will prove to be quick and energetic while larger characters can hold more items without losing performance and will find it easier to lift and throw items, enemies and other characters. Medium weight characters will strike a healthy balance between all these categories.
Character weight is affected by a number of factors, the main ones being Character Height, and character build and musculature.
Please refer the below tables for accurate stat influence of Weight:
|Under 50 KGs||SS||18 Secs||110%||Very Quick||Very Small||40 KG|
|50 - 69 KGs||S||19 Secs||105%||Quick||Small||50 KG|
|70 - 89 KGs||M||25 Secs||100%||Moderate||Moderate||65 KG|
|90 - 109 KGs||L||29 Secs||95%||Slow||High||75 KG|
|Over 109 KGs||LL||34 Secs||90%||Very Slow||Very High||100 KG|
|Very Light||<10 kg||<10 kg||<15 kg||<20 kg||<20 kg|
|Light||10 kg||10 kg||15 kg||20 kg||20 kg|
|Average||20 kg||30 kg||25 kg||40 kg||45 kg|
|Heavy||30 kg||40 kg||45 kg||55 kg||70 kg|
|Very Heavy||35 kg||45 kg||55 kg||65 kg||85 kg|
|Overencumbered||40 kg||50 kg||65 kg||75 kg||100 kg|
Note: The official strategy guide incorrectly lists Average, under S, with 20 kg; but in reality it is 30.
- Heavier classes are able to activate pressure plates faster.
- Heavier classes have a proportionately larger hitbox; smaller classes have a correspondingly smaller hitbox.
- Heavier classes are able to grapple and immobilize targets better.
- Harpies can't fly off with a heavier class clinging to its legs and the heavier classes are able to hold the Harpy on the ground, immobilized, more easily.
- Different body parts also can change the character's height and weight.
- The heaviest and lightest builds are not the tallest or shortest, though the difference is small.
- Walking speed is affected by leg length, not weight. Run speed is affected by encumbrance.
- The weight of characters affects the difficulty of travelling through Windworn Valley. If the character is too light, they may have to grab onto a pawn or carry more items in their inventory.
- The maximum amount of stamina given can vary based on the chosen weight class and are directly affected based on weight rankings. Characters gain 20 stamina for each weight class above M and lose 20 stamina for each weight class below M. This is commonly referred to as "True Stamina". More details regarding this can be found on the Stats page.
- The Leg-Strength skill is more effective for LL and L class characters as it increases their base movement speed by one weight class. This does not affect stamina use.
- The Sinew skill is a proportionately larger percentage increase to lighter characters because of their lower default carrying capacity.
- In Dark Arisen, Sinew will stack with the Trophy Boots, or any L3 Bitterblack Armor Greaves or Boots with either of the two appropriate weight-capacity bonuses.