Character Weight is a concept in Dragon's Dogma.
It determines the appearance of a character but also affects its stats. The weight of a character has a significant effect on their speed, stamina and other mechanics.
Smaller characters will prove to be quick and energetic while larger characters can hold more items without losing performance and will find it easier to lift and throw items, enemies and other characters. Medium weight characters will strike a healthy balance between all these categories.
Please note:The picture above is from the game guide and is labeled incorrectly about stat influences instead please refer the below tables for accurate stat influences:
|Very Light||<10 kg||<10 kg||<15 kg||<20 kg||<20 kg|
|Light||10 kg||10 kg||15 kg||20 kg||20 kg|
|Average||20 kg||20 kg||25 kg||40 kg||45 kg|
|Heavy||30 kg||40 kg||45 kg||55 kg||70 kg|
|Very Heavy||35 kg||45 kg||55 kg||65 kg||85 kg|
|Over||40 kg||50 kg||65 kg||75 kg||100 kg|
- Lighter classes are able to hold to targets longer.
- To be able to enter Goblin Holes, a character's Height should be 150cm or less.
- Heavier classes are able to activate pressure plates faster.
- Heavier classes will immobilize targets when grabbing them to hang on.
- e.g. Harpies can't fly off with a heavier class clinging on.
- Taller characters can wade out into the water further without their lantern going out.
- Taller characters have longer weapon reach.
- The larger and taller the character, the larger the hit box.
- Different body parts also change the character's height and weight.
- Walking speed is changed by height and not the weight. Run speed will never change.
- The weight of characters affects the difficulty of traveling through Windworn Valley. If the character is too light, they may have to grab onto a pawn or other such item or just carry more items in their inventory.
- The maximum amount of stamina given can vary based on the chosen weight class and are directly effected based on weight rankings. Characters gain 20 stamina for each weight class above M and lose 20 stamina for each weight class below M. This commonly referred to as "True Stamina", more details regarding this can be found on the Stats page.
- The Leg-Strength skill is more effective for LL and L class characters
- The Sinew skill is more of a percentage increase to lighter characters because of their lower starting carry weight.