Character Weight is a concept in Dragon's Dogma.
The amount a character weighs not only determines the appearance of a character but also affects its stats. The weight of a character has a significant effect on its encumbrance, speed, stamina usage and other mechanics.
Lighter characters will prove to be quick and energetic while larger characters can hold more items without losing performance and will find it easier to lift and throw items, and grapple enemies and other characters. Medium weight characters will strike a healthy balance between all these categories.
Character weight is affected by a number of factors, the main ones being Character Height, and character build and musculature.
Please refer the below tables for accurate stat influence of Weight:
|Under 50 KGs||SS||18 Secs||110%||Very Quick||Very Small||40 KG|
|50 - 69 KGs||S||19 Secs||105%||Quick||Small||50 KG|
|70 - 89 KGs||M||25 Secs||100%||Moderate||Moderate||65 KG|
|90 - 109 KGs||L||29 Secs||95%||Slow||High||75 KG|
|Over 109 KGs||LL||34 Secs||90%||Very Slow||Very High||100 KG|
|Very Light||< 10 kg||< 10 kg||< 15 kg||< 20 kg||< 20 kg|
|Light||10 kg||10 kg||15 kg||20 kg||20 kg|
|Average||20 kg||25 kg||30 kg||40 kg||45 kg|
|Heavy||30 kg||40 kg||45 kg||55 kg||70 kg|
|Very Heavy||35 kg||45 kg||55 kg||65 kg||85 kg|
|Overencumbered||40 kg||50 kg||65 kg||75 kg||100 kg|
Note: The official strategy guide incorrectly lists Average, under S, with 20 kg; but in reality it is 30.
- Able to activate pressure plates faster.
- Hitbox is likely to be bigger; smaller classes have a correspondingly smaller hitbox.
- Able to grapple and immobilize targets better.
- Harpies can't fly off with a heavier class clinging to its legs, or fly more slowly
- Able to move with less effort through Windworn Valley
- The Leg-Strength skill is more effective for LL and L class characters as it increases their base movement speed by one weight class. This does not affect stamina use.
- Likely to have a smaller hitbox.
- Movement when hanging onto a harpy is quicker
- The Sinew skill is a proportionately larger percentage increase to lighter characters because of their lower default carrying capacity.
- Different body parts also can change the character's height and weight.
- The heaviest and lightest builds are not the tallest or shortest, though the difference is small.
- Walking and jogging speed is affected by leg length. Both are affected by encumbrance.
- Maximum stamina is modified by character weight. 20 stamina is gained for each weight class above M, and 20 stamina is lost for each weight class below M.
- This is sometimes referred to as "True Stamina". More details regarding this can be found on the Stats page.