- "Salvation reportedly has a spy inside the castle at Gran Soren. Mason asks you root out the cultist."
Shadow the mysterious figure, thought to be the 'Night's Champion'.
This quest becomes available after accepting the quest Lure of the Abyss. Speak to the mysterious figure known as Mason to begin the quest. Mason can be found in Gran Soren either around the Fountain Square or resting in The Slums.
Shadow the Suspect
Wait in front of the entrance gate to the Duke's Demesne, and near to Fournival Manor or the Knight's Manor. After a while the Arisen's view will be direced the player towards the Passage Gate entrance to the Noble Quarter.
Follow the Suspect
Trail the suspicious person throughout Gran Soren. Remember not to get too close otherwise the quest will fail.
Report your Findings
Once completed Madeleine will open Madeleine's Shop in the Abandoned House.
- Caution Starting the quest Come to Court will cause this quest to fail, at this time Mason will disappear from Gran Soren and make his way towards The Abbey. Failing the quest will also prevent Madeleine from opening her shop, voiding her future storyline and quests.
- In order to successfully tail the suspicious figure, the Arisen must not get too close to them otherwise they will get suspicious and the quest may fail. Luckily, the mystery man has an easily recognizable shield on his back (the Wizard's Vizard), making him easy to keep track of.
- Even if the Arisen accidentally follows the wrong person, the mystery man will politely wait before continuing along his path.
- After completion of the quest the 'Abandoned House' will not change to 'Madeleine's Shop' until the Arisen leaves and enters the city. (This change is purely aesthetic and has no discernable effect whatsoever)