Committing crimes in Gran Soren will cause you to be chased by the City Guard who will throw you in the Dungeon when you are caught. Attacking citizens and being caught in the Duke's keep after Nightfall are considered crimes. After being thrown into the Dungeon, your weapons and equipment will be unequipped and replaced with a Set of Prisoner's Rags and you will be unable to access your inventory or equipment until you have escaped the cell.
To leave, you have the option of bribing Ser Jakob with 5000 gold (or whatever money you have) or using a Skeleton Key to open the door of your cell (provided you had one in your inventory at the time of your capture).
- Strangely, being witnessed in the act of a jail break is not considered a crime, and you are free to walk out at will, provided it is not after Nightfall.
- When you leave the Dungeon it will be morning outside.
- After committing a crime there are two easy ways to avoid jail if you are fast enough.
- Use a Ferrystone to exit the area.
- Attempt to outrun the guards and leave the city through one of the gates.
- Exiting the city resets the guards and you will no longer be pursued once you re-enter.