"Slave to a broken order... dare you look upon the truth?"
- -Daimon's Awakened Form
The Daimon is an Arisen from an age long past, who refused the choice given to him by the Dragon. In return, the Dragon transformed him into this foul creature gone mad with despair at the loss of his pawn lover.
It is believed this evil entity was born out of the past Arisen's hatred towards the destiny imposed to him. This monster nurtured from these ill thoughts for centuries, feeding itself from its host as well as the unfortunate Arisens who met their doom in this dungeon. The only thing he needed to be free was someone powerful enough to separate him from Daimon, allowing it to become an independent being. It is the reason why Bitterblack island is still covered in a ominous shroud and the stench of death continues to loom all over the place.
Its true strength is unknown.
Given the amount of corrupted thoughts it has consumed, it could be depicted as the embodiment of mankind's chaos; human's desire to end the infinite cycle.
Despite its size and bulk, Daimon is a powerful and agile fighter with potent spell casting. In addition to brute force, he will use tactics to lure foes into disarray and attack. Using a mixture of spells and techniques to knock opponents back and then take advantage of them while they are on the ground, makes him a tough opponent. He is resilient to physical and magical attacks, although his head is his weakest spot. Halfway through battle, Daimon will begin to alter his rhythm casting deadly combinations of magic that may deal serious damage to the Arisen and Pawns. He performs his special move more than once during battle and can drastically change the course of the battle.
Information and StatsEdit
|Type||Monster / Boss|
Total Base Exp of 360,000 (Easy/Normal Mode)
Daimon's First FormEdit
When first approached, The Fallen City carries an eerie quietness within its inner limits. As the Arisen travels through it, there's little danger of enemy attack. At the end of the City is a large door, behind which Daimon waits. Once the door is opened, Arisens are prohibited from leaving and cannot use a Liftstone to exit. Daimon must be defeated in order to leave or choose to return to the Last Checkpoint. Once defeated and the Arisen can return to the entrance to Bitterblack Isle and many significant changes are made throughout Bitterblack Isle, including enemy spawn locations and loot from chests.
Note: Entering Daimon's chamber and then exiting after the initial story-line defeat will cause enemies to spawn in the City, including Corrupted Pawns and Strigoi. Bloodred Crystals and Strigoi Barb crafting components can be found here.
Daimon's Awakened/Second FormEdit
Entering the Sanctum a second time, after unlocking the whole of Bitterblack Isle, the voice of Daimon appears to be more ominous. As the battle continues for a second time, it appears as though the fight is identical to that of the first encounter, or so it would seem... Once Daimon's hit points are depleted instead of a victory, a second form is created within Daimon.
Daimon's second form shows up after resonating with the Arisen's heart.
A head begins to sprout and take form out of Daimon's main body. It's new head resembles that of The Dragon but deformations has given it an eerily human shape. Barroch defines it as something grievous and dark which bears a stink worse than the dragon itself. In this Awakened Form, the battle becomes more profound. He is very resilient to and uses various magical attacks of greater potency. It will take time to eliminate him, even for high level or infinite leveled players. The difficulty of Daimon's second form can abated as the Arisen and Pawns become higher leveled with powerful skills
and are better equipped.
|Fist of the Abyss||Phys||Lunges forth at targets, followed by a forceful punch.|
|Roundhouse Kick||Phys||Quickly kicks the target.|
|Charge||Phys||Charges at a target.|
|Death Grab||Phys||Charges forth at a target at frightening speed, grabs the foe and slams them down.|
|Dive Bomb||Phys||Quickly launches into the air and comes crashing down on targets, launching foes into the air. Usually performed after Bolide.|
|Dodge Roll||Spec||Quickly dodge rolls behind the target, usually followed up with a Demon Punch.|
|Hate Cannon||Mag||Attacks with powerful magickal blasts that fire several projectiles of magick in a fountain formation at targets. This attack is capable of traveling across a large distance to strike a target.|
|Immolation||Mag||Quickly envelopes the caster's body in flames, knocking clinging targets off. Can cause Burning.|
|Rift Vortex||Spec||Quickly charges and slams the ground creating vortex, slowly drawing in nearby targets. If the attack is fully completed, targets caught in it will be instantly killed or sent back to the Rift. Interrupting the attack prematurely will cause Daimon to be stunned for about 20 seconds and take increased damage.|
|Levin||Mag||Smites targets from above with a tongue of lightning. Causes Thundershock.|
|Grand Frigor||Mag||Generates many giant spires of ice from the ground at targets.|
|Ice Spikes||Mag||Fires Ice Spikes at targets in a broad sweep. Can be fired from either one hand or both hands.|
|Bolide||Mag||Calls forth meteors down from the heavens to land around the caster. Usually casts in conjunction with Dive Bomb.|
|High Seism||Mag||Shakes the earth, sending eruptions of stone high into the air, stunning and damaging foes over a wide area.|
|Sweeping Claw||Phys||Extends claws at a frightening reach, attacking targets with a broad sweep capable of destroying nearby structures with ease. Can be done with either one hand or both hands.|
|Bite||Phys||Charge one member of the party then bite and chew him with the dragon head on his torso. Will most likely kill the party member as damage output is really high.|
|Abyssal Vortex||Spec||Daimon heads to the center of the room and slams into the ground, creating a massive vortex engulfing most of room for 15 seconds. This attack will quickly draw in unwary targets. Those who were unfortunate enough to be caught in the attack will be instantly killed or sent back to the Rift.|
|Grand Ingle||Mag||Looses multiple balls of fire that explode upon contact, engulfing both the target and surrounding foes. Can inflict Burning.|
|Grand Levin||Mag||Smites targets from above with a series of tongues of lightning. Causes Thundershock|
|Grand Comestion||Mag||Rapidly casts a towering wall of flame. Can cause Burning. Known to quickly cast three in rapid succession.|
|Immolation||Mag||Quickly envelopes the caster's body in flames, knocking clinging targets off. Can cause Burning and Possession.|
Enemy Drops (Upon Defeat of Daimon)Edit
- Daimon's Claw
- Daimon's Horn
- Vile Wakestone
- Bitterblack Gear Lv.3
- Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 (Semi-rare)
- Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3 (Rare)
- Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (Very rare)
Treasure Chest Room (Upon Defeat of Daimon)Edit
- Bitterblack Weapon Lv.2
- Bitterblack Armor Lv.2 (Rare)
- Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3 (2nd encounter with Daimon and very rarely on 1st)
- Bitterblack Armor Lv.3 (Rare)
- Bitterblack Gear Lv.3
- Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3 (2nd encounter with Daimon)
- Note: Aside from Chest #2, all of the chests can contain Rift Crystals instead of what's listed above.
- Daimon can be "farmed" indefinitely without the use of a bed or a resting bench.
- A number of curatives can be found throughout the battlefield. A Wakestone can be found near the throne in case the situation demands it.
- Death Grab is always made with his right hand and can be dodged by running towards his left arm. While not very damaging, avoiding it can help to conserve restoratives. In Hard mode, this grab can be quite lethal like his other attacks.
- The shots generated by Hate Cannon can be avoided by hiding behind the various pillars, the rubble of them if they've been destroyed, by standing behind the rubble Daimon uses as a throne, or by standing directly beneath Daimon. Be forewarned that he can damage players upon landing.
- Daimon's signature ability, the Rift Vortex, will continuously draw the Arisen and their party towards it. Getting caught in the vortex will cause either death for the Arisen or send pawns back to the Rift. Luckily this attack can easily be interrupted by staggering him via focusing ranged attacks to the head. Attacking him will cause him to curl up into the air and float close to the ground. Continue attacking during this state will stun him for about 20 seconds and take increased damage during this time.
- Specifically, the Rift Vortex attack seems to be triggered by specific amounts of Health loss and not just losing a lot in a short amount of time. It generally triggers twice - first around when he has lost 3 dots (bars) of Health, and the second when he has 2 dots (3 bars) of Health left. If he is cut down to 3 dots of Health during the "stagger" period from being staggered during the first Vortex, then it triggers randomly.
- The Awakened Form version, the Abyssal Vortex, is incredibility deadly and usually spells defeat for pawns. It has a very large area of effect and is highly recommended to bring Stamina curatives in order to keep up with the effect.
- Daimon is known for quickly casting Bolide and then perform the Dive Bomb attack at a target. This can cause targets to be launched into the air and then be continuously struck by the meteors.
- Daimon is capable of using an explosive version of Immolation for a brief moment so as to blast away any players climbing it. Shield-welding Vocations can avoid this by jumping straight into the air just before his arms are completely folded and holding the "Block" button. Once the Arisen "bounces" from blocking the impact, simply tap the "Grab" button to reattach to him.
- Daimon's Awakened Form is capable of rapidly casting a series of three Grand Comestions which can easily juggle, stagger players and/or apply the Burning debilitation.
- Players can interrupt the Rift Vortex prematurely by striking the head.
- Bow-wielding Vocations can quickly defeat Daimin by getting a large number of Blast Arrows, Conqueror's Periapts and use Five/Tenfold Flurry.
- Mage and Sorcerer Arisens can find a bit of refuge on Daimon's "throne" or the broken pillar (the one which is broken at the start of the fight and won't disappear). Some physical attacks and attacks requiring a "clear line of fire" will be rendered ineffective at times allowing for slightly safer casting. The Miasma spell is handy for this situation.
- Magick Archers, stacking Demon's Periapts and spamming Six/Ninefold Bolt is also an extremely effective method to stagger him.
- Mystic Knights can utilize the Magick/Great Cannon skill and deals considerable damage against his second form.