- "An advanced form of Dire Arrow that focuses the user's strength into an even more powerful shot equal to the amount of time spent charging."
An advanced version of Dire Arrow.
|One bar (Dire Arrow)||4x|
|One bar (overcharge)||1-2x|
|Two bars (Deathly Arrow)||6x|
|Two bars (overcharge)||2x|
|Three bars (Reaper's Arrow)||?|
|Three bars (overcharge)||?|
|* Figures are approximate and relative to a single Loose arrow at ~200 core strength with a ~100 strength longbow|
- The user is unable to move while charging.
- The skills must be allowed to charge multiple times to use the higher tier skill - charging to only one bar with a higher tier available only gives a shot of the power of Dire Arrow.
- This ability differs somewhat from other charged abilities in that timing the shot is important - for maximum damage the arrow should be fired just when the shots is charged.
- Full charging is indicated on the skill-bar (if button guide is on), and a "whoosh" sound will play and the Arisen will flash white, irrespective of HUD options.
- When released with correct timing, the arrow will loose with a slight slow-motion effect and do significantly more damage and have higher knockback power.
- This skill scales well with longbow strength.
- Like other ranger skills, arrow damage varies with distance - moderate range is best, whilst point blank shots give around nine tenths as much damage. Beyond around 25m damage falls off considerably.
- When correctly timed, the power boost allows the archer to breach the defense values of foes - like ones on Bitterblack Isle - that they might not be able to harm at all with other attacks.
- It has been claimed that extra precision on timing may produce double damage, though this may be due to hits on weak points.