50 Rift Crystals
Royal Orders Quest
- Secure the The Greatwall
Deny Salvation is a Quest that occurs after the Honor and Treachery quest in Gran Soren. To get this quest, you need to speak to Aldous at the Duke's Demesne to go on the expedition. Visit the Duke in his Solar on the second floor, he will reward you an item in his Treasury room. After you collect said treasure, a guard will enter and say the leader of Salvation has attacked Greatwall. The Duke will then say that the expedition will wait and to go after the leader. After the Duke has given you this Quest, the quest for Lady Aelinore, Duchess In Distress will become available. Assuming you've already completed the previous quest, Arousing Suspicion.
After you have arrived at the Greatwall Encampment, there is a place to rest and buy supplies outside.
Things to consider:
- NPC with the highest affinity for you will become the "damsel in distress" in this quest and affects the story onwards.
- To make sure that you get the right NPC to be the "damsel in distress", bond with the NPC of choice until they at least glow a bright pink aura when talked to. Giving them an Arisen's Bond can guarantee a better result.
- Eliminate other unwanted NPC love interests by lowering their affection. The best way is to keep unsheathing your weapon in front of them, eventually you will hear a sound which indicate that their affinity has dropped greatly. Talk to them to make sure that they at least don't have the pink aura on them.
- It's advised to preapare yourself with a mean of holy ranged attack as the Wight bosses can fly and will be out of reach by most melee attacks. They will not attack directly but can cast destructive spells like Maelstrom which can insta-kill the player.
- If you must play as a melee vocation, focus your attention on the Undeads, summoned by the Wights, as when all the Undeads are killed off, the Wight will come down to summon more Undeads. Use this chance to get in and attack the Wight. Blunt weapons are highly recommended.
- Be sure to loot all the treasure chests inside the Greatwall, and especially at the scene of the boss Wights fight, as this is the only chance to get these loot.
After you pass through the portcullis, venturing about halfway across the large yard, towards the Salvation Members in which your presence will cause them to flee. As they retreat, two Armored Cyclopes enter the courtyard, along with numerous Snow Harpies. After defeating the enemies, giving chase to the Salvation members will take you into the main keep of The Greatwall. Passing through a narrow passageway in which Skeleton Knights spawns, will bring you into a room with more Skeleton Knights. In the room there is an impassable door (barred from the other side) and a section of broken wall which, upon examination, states that sufficient force will break it (throw an explosive barrel at it or if you're a Warrior, you can attack it normally). If you decide to blast open the wall, continuing down the stairs will bring you into a room with half a dozen Skeleton Warriors, and three guards. After dispatching the skeletons, a guard will open a gate to a chest. From this room, continuing up the stairs, past Salvation Mages will bring you into a large room, containing a Chimera and two ballistae. After the Chimera is slain, a guard will unlock the door at the end of the room, allowing you to progress into a room with several chests, and then on to the roof. When on the roof, you will fight more Skeletons and some Skeleton Mages/Sorcerers. Another guard here opens another locked gate, allowing you access to a room with a chest. However if he perishes you can blast your way in to the chest room through another weakened wall segment. Continuing up towards the quest objective will bring you to a room where you will have to fight a Skeleton Lord, after which another guard will open yet another chest-bearing room. Opening the gate and heading onto the roof will enagage a cutscene involving Elysion, who sacrifices his two followers and resurrects them as Wights. Your party must then take on the two Wights and an army of undead. After dispatching the Wights, another Elysion cutscene ensues, which takes an extremely dramatic turn. If you gave your love interest an Arisen's Bond, then there will be a cutscene in which the ring is dropped by the Dragon.