Recapture the The Greatwall and rout the Salvation cultists within.
Deny Salvation occurs after the Cockatrice has been slain in the quest Honor and Treachery.
WARNING ! Once this quest is complete, the upper sections of The Greatwall will no longer be accessible.
Be sure to collect any desired loot from the chests in the upper areas before proceeding to the rooftop battle (especially the Badge of Vows 39, 40 and 87).
See the map below for the chest locations and possible drops.Salvation Members. As they retreat, two Armored Cyclopes enter the courtyard, along with numerous Snow Harpies.
After defeating the enemies, giving chase to the Salvation members will lead to the main keep of The Greatwall.
Here, the option exists to assault directly upwards to the highest point of the keep - the longer alternative route allows a number of allied guards to be rescued, and may allow an easier rear attack on enemies holding the path upwards.
A narrow passageway leading east within the keep is guarded by Skeleton Knights.
Beyond is a room with a barred door and a weakened section of wall. Break the wall with an Explosive Barrel or powerful magic or attack.
Beyond the wall, stairs continue down the stairs to a room with half a dozen Skeleton Warriors, and three guards. After dispatching the skeletons, a guard will open a gate to a chest.
From this room, continuing up the stairs and past several Salvation Mages will lead to a large hall containing a Chimera and two ballistae.
Dispatch the Chimera and a guard will unlock the door at the end of the room, allowing access to a room with several chests, and then onward to an exterior stairway.
On the stairway more Skeletons including some Skeleton Mages oppose the Arisen. If rescued from the skeletal onslaught, a guard here will open another locked gate, allowing access to a room with a chest.
An alternative route exists through a breakable section of wall. Here the badge for the quest Badge of Vows 39 can be found.
Onward and upward leads to another room and a Skeleton Lord and guard. If the guard does not die during the battle he will open yet another chest-bearing room to the side. This chest (chest J) can contain the uncommon Rooted Gloom warhammer or Kunai daggers.
Refer to the map below for treasure locations and drops.
The main gate opens on to the keep's roof. Entering initiates the final encounter with Elysion, who sacrifices two Salvation followers and resurrects them as Wights. (This rooftop battle is the only chance to obtain the Badge of Vows 40, which is stuck high up above the portcullis behind the hovering Wights.)
The quest The Final Battle now becomes available.
- Salvation Members (x 6)
- Skeleton Knights
- Skeleton Lord (x 1, guarding the door leading to the 2 Wights)
- Chimera (x 1)
- Wight (x 2, at the top of the fortress)
- The guards within the keep include Ser Bacell, Ser Diggan, Ser Holtor, Ser Thurstance, Ser Jirco, Ser Cronnel, Ser Estoma, Ser Faerma and Ser Gerrick.
Preparation and considerationsEdit
- After the Treasury scene, the quest to rescue Lady Aelinore (Duchess In Distress) will become available if the prerequisite quests have been completed.
- This quest is the only opportunity for the Arisen to collect the Badge of Vows 39, Badge of Vows 40, and Badge of Vows 87. The keep of the Greatwall will no longer be accessible after this quest. In particular the location of Badge of Vows 40 is only available during the final confrontation of this quest and becomes inaccessible when both Wights are defeated.
- The character with the highest affinity for the Arisen will become the Beloved during this quest and affects the story onwards. Thus, immediately before and during this quest is the last chance to get the desired character as the beloved.
- Many enemies in this quest are weak to Holy enchanted weapons (such as the Ascalon sword and Heaven's Key daggers) and skills and include strong spellcasters who are likely to be out of the range of melee attacks.
- This will be the only opportunity to loot the treasure chests inside the keep of the Greatwall.
- If the quest is incompleted after one week the creatures of the keep excluding the Chimera, and its treasure will be renewed.
|A||Silver Chestplate 40%||Rex Lion Padding 25%||Chimeric Sabatons 25%||Meloirean Greaves 10%|
|B||Jade Bangles 50%||Chimeric Gauntlets 25%||Red Over-Knee Boots 20%||Meloirean Armguard 5%|
|C||Thousand Stings 15%||Orilux Shield 15%||Veteran's Arc 15%||Steel Cuirass 5%||Plated Coat 30%||Chimeric Half Plate 20%|
|D||Giant Coin Pouch 35%||Foreign Medicament 25%||Purifying Brew 20%||Liquid Vim 10%|
|E||Giant Coin Pouch 50%||Hydra Strategy Vol. 2 30%||Nimble Cuisses 7%||Clerical Cap 7%||Crowned Hood 6%|
|F||Faithful Earring 100%|
|G||Master's Bracers 30%||Scarlet Hand Covers 30%||Animistic Robe 30%||Leather Ocreae 10%|
|H||Ring of Sable 10%||Free-Spoken Earring 30%||Sight Earring 30%||Gryphic Cloak 30%|
|I||Salubrious Brew 35%||Assassin's Breeches 7%||Lion-Lord's Helm 7%||Chimeric Armet 6%||Undead Strategy Vol. 2 24%||Brown Laced Leggings 20%||Gryphic Victory 1%|
|J||Ardent Will 18%||Algid Bloom 18%||Kunai 15%||Gimble Gyre 18%||Rooted Gloom 18%||Alchemickal Bangles 10%||Stagnant Surge 3%|