A cousin of the Wolf, the Direwolf exhibits increased agility and attack power and is even more deadly in packs. These snowy residents, while highly resistant to Ice-type attacks, are highly susceptible to Fire-type attacks; it is recommended to have some Fire spells on hand.
Direwolves are a white, stronger, and more vicious version of the common Wolf seen roaming around Gransys. Direwolves are more commonly found in the colder northern parts of Gransys; they are found throughout the Northface Forest, and in the adjacent northern parts of the Deos Hills - they are often found in association with harpies, thought the two species do not appear to hunt together. The may also be found in the Chamber of Distress in the Everfall.
Direwolves are not only stronger, but smarter too. Direwolves will execute stronger teamwork with its pack, and will attack using guerilla tactics if outmatched. A Direwolf caught on fire will roll on the ground to quickly douse the flames. Like wolves, Direwolves attack with bite and lunge attacks, and can hold a person in place with a strong bite. Hunting in packs, often a pack may be lead by a single larger alpha individual. Very occasionally a direwolf bite can inflict petrification.
Information and Stats
|Experience gained||420 , alpha 840|
|Health||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense||Weight|
|Leap Attack||Phys||Pounces its target.|
|Bite||Phys||May inflict debilitations including Petrification very rarely|
|Drag||Phys||Bites onto the prey, forcing them to struggle free|
- A Dire Need - slay 30 Direwolves.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 500 Direwolves either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- Weak against Fire enchanted weapons and spells (like Comestion).
- Fighters, Assassins, Mystic Knights: Burst Strike will impale fast moving enemies like Dire Wolves.
- Striders: Ensnare/Implicate can be an effective way of easily bringing the Direwolf down, leaving it vunerable to your melee attacks. This can make for a quick and easy kill if you do not have a bow.
- Striders, Rangers, Assassins, Magic Archers: Cutting Wind will close the distance against fast moving Dire Wolves.