"An advanced form of Perfect Defense that guards against all attacks at a greatly decreased Stamina cost."
- An advanced version of Perfect Defense.
- Continuously consumes stamina while activated.
- Allows its user to ignore grapples, which include the grapple holds of possessed pawns, cyclopes and ogres, the grab maneuvers of harpies and gargoyles, and even the foot-stomps of eliminators.
- Useful in tandem with Shield Summons to bait enemies to focus on the Arisen while pawns cast big spells or pick off the distracted enemy opposition.
- Run into the center of an enemy group and activate Divine Defense. When they all gang up on the Arisen, unleash Dragon's Maw to annihilate the surrounding enemies.
- Divine Defense is NOT quite perfect. Even with Divine Defense activated, The Arisen can be staggered by (but will not take damage from) a collapsing Gorecyclops, a Gorecyclops foot stomp, a Chimera's stomp, Ensnare / Implicate from bandits, and the Cursed Dragon's breath attack (the Arisen will tumble backwards).
- This can be a life-saver when the Arisen's HP is low, with no curatives available.
- This skill can block debilitations from stone sarcophagi (Curse) and Cockatrices (Petrification).