- "An advanced form of Perfect Defense that guards against all attacks at a greatly decreased Stamina cost."
An advanced version of Perfect Defense, that greatly increases defense whilst draining stamina whilst active.
- Allows its user to ignore grapples, including the grapple holds of possessed pawns, and also prevents many grab attacks such as those of cyclopes, ogres, harpies, and gargoyles, and even the foot-stomps of eliminators.
- Useful in tandem with Shield Summons to bait enemies to focus on the Arisen while pawns cast big spells or pick off the distracted enemy opposition.
- Divine Defense does not defend against all attacks - with Divine Defense activated, the fighter can be staggered by shockwaves (eg a collapsing Gorecyclops, a Gorecyclops foot stomp), and is affected by Ensnare and Implicate, and by the Cursed Dragon's breath attack (the Arisen will tumble backwards).
- This can be a life-saver when the Arisen's HP is low, with no curatives available.
- This skill can block debilitations from stone sarcophagi (Curse) and Cockatrices (Petrification).