- "An advanced form of Cloudburst Volley that expands the area of the attack."
An advanced version of Cloudburst Volley, which fires 12 arrows onto the selected target.
Usage, tactics, and notes
|Downpour Volley||12 †|
|† Effective number of arrows, only 9 are actually animated|
Aiming and locational effects
The falling point of the arrows is indicated by a thin shaft of light and circle on the ground indicating the point of impact.
- Move the view (right stick) up or down to change the trajectory of the arrows, and hence distance of impact.
- Firing downhill does not increase range, however firing uphill does diminish the maximum range.
- To ease aiming, before activating the skill aim at the target - the point of ground aimed at will usually be automatically ranged at.
- The shaft and circle will turn bluish if they are targeting a foe.
This skill always works outdoors, but not always in enclosed spaces. How and when it works indoors seems erratic :
- Usually works in large chambers such as the Proving Grounds and other arenas.
- The arrows will not hit the ground in the spiral of the Everfall (~15m ceiling)
- The arrows will hit the ground in the tunnels of the Frontier Caverns (~2m ceiling)
Pawns are effective at rapidly and accurately targeting foes, but may sometimes use this skill even when the arrows do not complete their flight to the foe.
- Damage increases linearly with number of arrows, thought the individual arrow damage is the same for all three skills.
- Attack power (and ultimately damage) increases practically 1:1 with total bow and core strength.
- The arrows fired can be Special Arrows such as Blast Arrows.
- The arrows will carry any enchantment on the bow, and can debilitate if used with the Rusted Bow.
- Due to the number of arrows the damage output is very high.
- As the arrows fall from above, this skill is effective in targeting heads.
- Take advantage of stationary states such as Goblin gesticulation or Saurian croaking instead of attempting target when moving.
- Multiple small foes can be hit with a single Volley if they are close together enough.
- Can be used to kill Leapworms that are still hidden.
- Can be fired before opening a chest in which a Maneater may lurk.