Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen|
PS3, Xbox 360 : US 23 April, 2013; JP: 25 April, 2013; EU: 26 April, 2013
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
"Into the depths of an unknown darkness"
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (ドラゴンズドグマ ダークアリズン Doragonzu Doguma Dāku Arizun) is an expansion and re-release of Dragon's Dogma containing all the original content, plus an entire new questline and region "Bitterblack Isle", plus all the original DLC content, as well as additional skill upgrades, monsters, weapons and armour.
The game was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013, a PC version was released in January, 2016.
New quests await the Arisen on the cursed island known as the Bitterblack Isle which is located on the outside of Gransys. Players will face new fearsome enemies and discover valuable treasures. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets.
The expansion pack features stronger foes than the original game. As such the game will prove a challenge for both new players and veterans alike.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the re-release of the original game containing massive new content. The game was revealed at the 2012 Tokyo Game Show. This release contains the full original Dragon's Dogma game, with all original Downloadable Content (bonus quests and cosmetic items pre-loaded; armour and weapons available to buy from merchants), plus new additions such as new enemies, quests, locations, character customization, weapons and armors.
Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, an Eternal Ferrystone and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content.
New Content and changes
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 30 terrifying new enemies.
- A new final boss has been added to the expansion.
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- 58 new level 3 skills: each character class receives a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master.
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment.
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the depths of Bitterblack Isle.
- 14 new character/pawn augments.
- New equipment enhancement system (Rarifying).
- Additional ring slot
- Purification of cursed items resulting in new items and equipment.
- A Changelog was published by Capcom in April 2013. Link: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen change log within
Combat and skill changes
- Certain skills and augments, mostly used in Assassin class 'power' builds have been nerfed - these include Invisibility, Bloodlust, Autonomy, and the fighter augment Exhilaration. Additionally the total increase in strength and/or magic from augments is limited to 80% (ie 1.8 times).
- The upgrade stats of 68 weapon tweaked up or down for balance, and the base stats of undergraded Magick Bows improved.
- The effects of the bow Bezel Crown have been reduced.
- The power of Dragon Weapons has been improved.
- High level Magick Archer stat growth altered.
- Ferrystones are much cheaper. Fournival sells them for 1,000g each .(3 max per day), while The Black Cat in Gran Soren sells them for 2,000g each (No limit).
- Portcrystals can be placed up to 10 times and do not require New Game+ to be able to set that many.
- Four additional portcrystals to be collected from quest locations.
- A new portcrystal ring outside Cassardis.
- Option to select Japanese voice overs.
- Various menu improvements, including faster navigation speed, access to the equipment menu from more submenus.
- Can gift and offer items not currently held in inventory, but owned in storage.
- Full rotation and partial zoom of screenshots
- See also Bugs (Dark Arisen)
Downloadable Content for Dark Arisen includes the New Character Edit Options Pack, Bitterblack Armor Pack, Fighter's Ring Set, Mage's Ring Set, Strider's Ring Set, Olra's Rift Crystal Pack, and The Crucible of the Lost.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is not a DLC, it is instead a stand-alone game sold in hard copy (2 Disc Set for Xbox 360) and digital copy. It is sold at $39.99/€29.99/£19.99. The game was released on:
- 23 April, 2013 in North America.
- 25 April, 2013 in Japan.
- 26 April, 2013 in Europe.
- Both digital and disc versions are available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Xbox 360 version
The game comes with 2 disc set for Xbox 360 version. Disc 1 contains the original Dragon's Dogma with the Dark Arisen expansion and with some game tweaks while Disc 2 contains the HD texture pack with Japanese voice acting. Each file has a size of ~1.5gb making a total of ~3gb to be installed on the hard drive.
Although it must be noted that the HD texture pack does not enhance the visuals of the original game. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a big game that is impossible to be fitted into a single DVD9 disc. Instead the visuals in Disc 1 are downgraded to save space for Dark Arisen expansion. The players must install Disc 2 HD texture pack to play the game with its original visuals.
See also: Dragon's Dogma World and Lore