|Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen|
US: 23 April, 2013
JP: 25 April, 2013
EU: 26 April, 2013
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
"Into the depths of an unknown darkness"
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the re-release of the original game containing massive new content. The game was revealed at the 2012 Tokyo Game Show. This release contains the full original Dragon's Dogma game, but with new additions such as new enemies, quests, locations, character customization, weapons and armors.
The game comes with 2 disc set for Xbox 360 version. Disc 1 contains the original Dragon's Dogma with the Dark Arisen expansion and with some game tweaks while Disc 2 contains the HD texture pack with Japanese voice acting. Each file has a size of ~1.5gb making a total of ~3gb to be installed on the hard drive.
Although it must be noted that the HD texture pack does not enhance the visuals of the original game. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is a big game that is impossible to be fitted into a single DVD9 disc. Instead the visuals in Disc 1 are downgraded to save space for Dark Arisen expansion. The players must install Disc 2 HD texture pack to play the game with its original visuals.
In other words, owners of the original Dragon's Dogma cannot just add the Dark Arisen expansion pack and play the game. Players must own the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen game.
The expansion pack features stronger foes than the original game. As such the game will prove a challenge for both new players and veterans alike.
New quests await the Arisen on the cursed island known as the Bitterblack Isle which is located on the outside of Gransys. Players will face new fearsome enemies and discover valuable treasures. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets. Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content.
Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- A new final boss has been added to the expansion.
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 skills: each character class receives a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master.
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment.
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the depths of Bitterblack Isle.
- 14 new character/pawn augments.
- New equipment enhancement system (Rarifying).
- Increased character customization options.
- Purification of cursed items resulting in new items and equipment.
- Option to select Japanese voice overs.
- Ferrystones are much cheaper. Fournival sells them for 1,000g each (3 max per day), while The Black Cat in Gran Soren sells them for 2,000g each (No limit).
- Portcrystals can be placed up to 10 times and do not require New Game+ to be able to set that many.
- There are now several static portcrystals near cities and encampments.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is not a DLC, it is instead a stand-alone game sold in hard copy (2 Disc Set for Xbox 360) and digital copy. It is sold at $39.99/€29.99/£19.99. The game was released on:
- 23 April in North America.
- 25 April in Japan.
- 26 April in Europe.
- Both digital and disc version will be available on PlayStation 3.
- Disc version will be available for Xbox 360 (digital version will be available around summer).