Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dragonforging is a process whereby Armour and Weapons are "strengthened in wyrmfire", improving them to a level above that of the 3 Star enhancement.
Rather than requiring materials and a merchant, Dragonforging can only be achieved by slaying a Dragon. Upon the death of a dragon, all armour and weapons the Arisen has equipped have a chance of becoming dragonforged.
Dragonforged equipment is indicated by a red cross-shaped symbol of the wyrm that then appears in the top-left of an item's icon.
For an item to be Dragonforged, it must be equipped by the Arisen. If it is simply being held in the player's inventory, it will not be Dragonforged.
Only equipment being worn at the time of death of the Dragon will have a chance of being Dragonforged. Items worn at the beginning of, or during, an encounter with Dragonkin will not be taken into account when Dragonforging occurs.
In the case of the three lesser dragons (the Drake, the Wyrm and the Wyvern) and the offline Ur-Dragon, equipment must have been enhanced at least to one star status beforehand to qualify for Dragonforging. The better the upgrade, the greater chance of dragonforging.
When fighting lesser dragons, the percentage likelihood of dragonforging equipment is applied to each piece of equipment individually - thus - removing other gear does not increase the chance of a specific item worn being dragonforged
|Equipment Grade||Drake Wyrm Wyvern||The Dragon||Ur-Dragon (Offline)||Ur-Dragon (Online)||Firedrake Frostwyrm Thunderwyvern||Cursed Dragon|
- Main article :Rarifying
In Dark Arisen equipment can be upgraded beyond the level of Dragonforged by rarifying using rare materials from Bitterblack Isle. Silver and Gold raryfied items are often referred to as "Silver Dragonforged" and "Gold Dragonforged". This service is offered by Barroch.
Bitterblack Isle also introduced new dragon enemies that have a higher chance of Dragonforging gear than regular ones.
- The Dragonforged symbol is the same symbol used on the Duke's heraldic displays, seen on banners in the Encampment, the Duke's Demesne and in the Gran Soren Union Inn.
- Items equipped on Pawns are never Dragonforged.
- Players seeking to have their pawns wear Dragonforged will need to wear it themselves to get it Dragonforged, then give it back to their pawns. This may require changing vocations or even changing genders using the Secret of Metamorphosis in the case of gender-specific items.
- It is very rare, but occasionally equipment worn by the Arisen can be Dragonforged for no apparent reason whilst wandering Gransys. This is most likely a glitch that causes a nearby dragon to fall off the map or into water.
- See Dragonkin for locations.
- A Drake can be found in Devilfire Grove before defeating The Dragon in The Final Battle.
- After defeating The Dragon, lesser dragon species appear in Gransys as well as within the Everfall.
- In Dark Arisen further Dragons are to be found on Bitterblack Isle
- In New Game Plus, the Ur-Dragon is available before Post-Game via a rift stone on Starfall Bay in Cassardis.
- Godsbaning or reloading a save can be used to retry killing a dragon until the desired equipment has been dragonforged.
- An effective technique for Dragonforging multiple items simultaneously is to farm Cursed Dragons as they are common and have a high forging rate at 75% maximum. Use a Rancid Bait Meat in the Duskmoon Tower or Midnight Helix to lure Cursed Dragons. Duskmoon Tower will only spawn Cursed Dragons; not other monsters
The Dragon Forged (Achievement/Trophy) is obtained when a piece of equipment worn by the Arisen is Dragonforged for the first time.