|Duchess In Distress|
Infiltrate the Manse
- The Duchess awaits in the Northern Manse. Make use of Mirabelle's disguise (the Set of Royal Guard Armor) and infiltrate the premises through the front gate.
Escape the Manse
- Protect Aelinore from harm en route to the exit.
- Escape through the Manse's rear exit with Aelinore and reunited her with Mirabelle.
WARNING: Posssible Quest Failure
- Complete this mission BEFORE finishing Deny Salvation or killing the guards. Other conditions may also trigger quest failure for the XBox 360 version, however that issue seems to be patched in the Dark Arisen expansion. The guards may be killed once the Arisen has reached Aelinore, without consequence.
- This quest only becomes available after completing it's prerequisite quest Arousing Suspicion, and after completing Reward and Responsibility (when the Duke opens the Treasury room).
Accepting the quest:
- This quest becomes available after speaking with the Duke and accepted the quest Deny Salvation (after he opens the Treasury room).
- She's easy to miss, but Aelinore's maid Mirabelle can be found outside of the Castle to the left of the stairs if facing the front (or near the right side staircase while exiting the Manse). She will mention that she fears the Duke will have Aelinore killed and asks the Arisen to save her. She will hand over a Set of Royal Guard Armor and describe her plan to bring Aelinore back to their homeland of Meloire.
Infiltrate the Manse:
- Head to the Duke's Manse, northeast of Hillfigure Knoll. In order to gain entrance through the front gate, the Arisen must equip the Set of Royal Guard Armor given by Mirabelle (The back gate is locked until completion of the quest). Pawns cannot enter the Manse with the Arisen.
- Head to the top of the Manse. Aelinore is in the upper most room. A cutscene will show the Arisen and Aelinore embracing as they fall onto the bed.
Escape the Manse:
- After the cutscene, Silk Lingerie may be gathered from the bed (does not re-spawn upon subsequent visits). Escort Aelinore back towards the front door and slay all the guards. Aelinore will declare that the front door is too dangerous and will open a locked gate leading to the rear exit. There is no way to exit through the front gate at this time (although the front gate will be a viable exit for any return visits the Arisen makes to the Northern Manse).
- Proceed with Aelinore through the underground and slay all the hostile Bandits within. The Arisen may carry her if so desired over certain areas (although like any other NPC escorted by the Arisen, she will safely "teleport" nearby if she falls too far behind).
- Near the middle of the sewers, the Arisen's pawns will show up to help dispatch more hostile Bandits as the Arisen traverses a few bridges en route to the exit.
- Upon exiting the sewers a cutscene will show Aelinore leaving with Mirabelle (who has now lost her French accent). Aelinore's parting gift is the rare material Love-In-The-Rough.
- Upon leaving the Manse through the rear entrance, a Chimera will be waiting to engage the Arisen. This area will normally spawn another Chimera every 3 (in-game) days.
Some items are guaranteed to be found, while others are random loot. The Arisen may return to the Northern Manse through the rear entrance at will after completing this quest. All chests and loot will re-spawn after 7 in-game days.
- Set of Royal Guard Armor
- Recluse's Robe
- Lady's Corset
- Nobelwomen's Corset
- Raptor Cuisses
- Maiden's Petticoat
- Assailant's Bracers
- Summery Cowl
- Golden Egg
- Rooted Gloom
- Bastard Sword
- Red Over-Knee Boots
- Silk Lingerie
- Free-Spoken Earring
- Maiden's Camisole
- Striker's Greaves
- Plucked Heart
- Hydra Tactics
- Evil Eye Strategy Vol. 1
- Cast Stone
- Alchemickal Hosen
- Snakeskin Purse
- Aelinore is a very sturdy princess. Regardless of how many arrows she gets shot with or slashes she absorbs from longswords, her health bar never displays any damage whatsoever. The only real way to fail this quest once the Arisen is inside the manse is to attack the guards before reuniting with Aelinore in her bedchamber.
- Aelinore's gift (Love-In-The-Rough) can upgrade the Set of Royal Guard Armor to level three stars. However, it might be best to create a forgery of the item before using it as it can be applied to other equipment as well. Love-In-The-Rough is a unique one-per-playthrough item.
- After completing the quest, the Arisen may re-enter the Manse and find Bandits in the sewers. Specters and Goblins with Hobgoblins will be within the Manse itself.
- Once this quest is accepted, it can be cancelled/failed if the Arisen speaks to The Dragonforged right after Deny Salvation. If the Arisen wishes to speak to The Dragonforged, make sure this quest is not active during the conversation.
- If attempting to fill out all of the map stars for the Main Pawn, remember to return to the Manse after completing this quest. Since pawns did not accompany the Arisen into some parts of the Northern Manse they did not gain knowledge about most of the area.
- Contrary to popular belief, Aelinore will NOT automatically become your Beloved after finishing this quest, it will just give a higher chance as it will possibly max out her Affinity especially since finishing the Arousing Suspicion quest also gives her a large amount of Affinity. In order to drastically reduce the chance of her becoming the Arisen's Beloved, go to her Chamber in the Duke's Demesne and give her a Liquid Effluvium (or using the Sheathe/Unsheathe method) BEFORE starting this quest and have the Arisen's desired love interest at max Affinity with an Arisen's Bond.
- ps3xbox360 Aelinore will sometimes get stuck on ladders.
- This can be fixed by jumping, grabbing her and leaving her on the ground.