|Duchess In Distress|
Infiltrate the Manse
- The Duchess awaits in the Blighted Manse. Make use of Mirabelle's disguise (the Set of Royal Guard Armor) and infiltrate the premises through the front gate.
Escape the Manse
- Protect Aelinore from harm en route to the exit.
- Escape through the Manse's rear exit with Aelinore and reunited her with Mirabelle.
WARNING: Posssible Quest Failure
- Complete this mission BEFORE finishing Deny Salvation or killing the guards. Other conditions may also trigger quest failure, however that issue seems to be patched in the Dark Arisen expansion. The usual reason for failing this quest is that Aelinore was selected by the Dragon as the Arisen's love interest and since she is now in the Tainted Mountain with Grigori, Duchess in Distress cannot be completed.
- This quest only becomes available after completing its prerequisite quest Arousing Suspicion, and after completing Reward and Responsibility (when the Duke opens the Treasury room).
Accepting the quest:
- This quest becomes available after speaking with the Duke and accepting the quest Deny Salvation (after he opens the Treasury room).
- She's easy to miss, but Aelinore's maid Mirabelle can be found outside of the Castle to the left of the stairs if facing the front (or near the right side staircase while exiting the demesne). Mirabelle will mention that she fears the Duke will have Aelinore killed and asks the Arisen to save her. She will hand over a Set of Royal Guard Armor and describe her plan to bring Aelinore back to their homeland of Meloire.
Infiltrate the Manse:
- Head to the Blighted Manse, northeast of Hillfigure Knoll. In order to gain entrance through the front gate, the Arisen must equip the Set of Royal Guard Armor handed over at the commencement of this quest by Mirabelle (The back gate is locked until completion of the quest). Pawns do not enter the Blighted Manse with the Arisen.
- Head to the top of the Manse. Aelinore is in the upper most room. A cutscene will show the Arisen and Aelinore embracing as they fall onto the bed regardless of the Arisen's gender.
Escape the Manse:
- After the cutscene, Silk Lingerie may be gathered from the bed if it is Night (this item will respawn, if the Arisen returns at Night). Escort Aelinore back towards the front door and slay all the guards. Aelinore will declare that the front door is too dangerous and will open a locked gate leading to the rear exit. There is no way to exit through the front gate at this time (although the front gate will be a viable exit for any return visits the Arisen makes to the Northern Manse).
- Proceed with Aelinore through the underground sewers and slay all the hostile Bandits within. The Duchess will balk in certain places and request to be carried over gaps in the bridges and walkways; the Arisen may carry her over certain areas (although like any other NPC escorted by the Arisen, she will safely "teleport" nearby if she falls too far behind).
- Near the middle of the sewers, the Arisen's pawns will show up to help dispatch more hostile Bandits.
- Upon exiting the sewers a cutscene will show Aelinore leaving with Mirabelle (who has now lost her French accent). Aelinore's parting gift is the rare material Love-In-The-Rough.
- Upon leaving the Manse through the rear entrance, a Chimera will be waiting to ambush the Arisen. This area will spawn another Chimera every three in-game days.
Some items are guaranteed to be found, while others are random loot. The Arisen may return to the Blighted Manse through the rear entrance at will after completing this quest. All chests and loot will re-spawn after seven in-game days.
- Set of Royal Guard Armor
- Recluse's Robe
- Lady's Corset
- Noblewoman's Corset
- Raptor Cuisses
- Maiden's Petticoat
- Assailant's Bracers
- Summery Cowl
- Golden Egg
- Rooted Gloom
- Bastard Sword
- Red Over-Knee Boots
- Silk Lingerie
- Free-Spoken Earring
- Striker's Greaves
- Plucked Heart
- Hydra Tactics
- Evil Eye Strategy Vol. 1
- Cast Stone
- Alchemickal Hosen
- Snakeskin Purse
- Aelinore is a sturdy princess, but she is not immortal.
- Aelinore's gift (Love-In-The-Rough) can upgrade the Set of Royal Guard Armor to three stars. However, it might be best to create a forgery of the item before using it as it can also be used with other equipment. Love-In-The-Rough is a unique one-per-playthrough item.
- After completing the quest, the Arisen may re-enter the Manse and find more Bandits in the sewers. Specters and Goblins with Hobgoblins will be within the Manse itself.
- Once this quest is accepted, it can be cancelled/failed if the Arisen speaks to The Dragonforged right after Deny Salvation. If the Arisen wishes to speak to The Dragonforged, make sure this quest is not active during the conversation.
- If attempting to fill out all of the map stars for the Main Pawn, remember to return to the Blighted Manse after completing this quest. Since pawns do not accompany the Arisen into some parts of the Manse they do not gain full travel knowledge during the quest itself.
- Contrary to popular belief, Aelinore will NOT automatically become your Beloved after finishing this quest, though it will give her a higher chance as it will possibly maximize Affinity towards the Arisen. Completing Arousing Suspicion gives Aelinore a large Affinity boost.
- BEFORE starting this quest, in order to drastically reduce the chance of her becoming the Arisen's Beloved, go to her Chamber in the Duke's Demesne and give her a Liquid Effluvium (or use the Sheathe/Unsheathe method) and give the Arisen's desired love interest an Arisen's Bond to raise that person to maximum affinity.
- ps3xbox360 Aelinore will sometimes get stuck on ladders. This can be fixed by jumping, grabbing her and leaving her on the ground.
- Into the Manse Automatically awarded upon entering the Blighted Manse the first time.