|Duchess In Distress|
"After your ill-fated tryst, Aelinore was whisked off to the northern manse and locked away. Mirabelle begs you to rescue her."
Infiltrate the Manse
- The duchess awaits in the northern manse. Make use of Mirabelle's disguise and steal into the premises.
Escape the Manse
- Shield Aelinore from harm as you make for the exit.
- You've escaped the manse with Aelinore and reunited her with Mirabelle.
The quest becomes available after you speak with the Duke and accept the quest Deny Salvation. Mirabelle can be found outside of the castle to the left of the stairs if you're facing the castle. She will tell you that she fears the duke will have Aelinore killed and asks you to save her. She will then give you a set of Royal Guard Armor and fill you in on the plan for her and Aelinore to escape to their homeland.
After equipping the disguise given to you by Mirabelle head to the dukes manse NE of Hillfigure Knoll. Enter through the front gate (the back is locked until completion of the quest). Head to the top of the Manse where you'll find Aelinore in the top room. A cutscene will show the Arisen getting lucky. After the cutscene you must escort Aelinore back down while killing the guards. She will tell you the front door is too dangerous and will open a locked gate leading out back. Lead her through the underground area while defending her from anyone who attacks. You will occasionally have to carry her over areas with broken bridges.
Near the exit your pawns will show up and after dispatching of a few more enemies you'll reach the exit. Where a cutscene showing Aelinore leaving with Mirabelle (who now for some reason has no French accent) will play.
- Set of Royal Guard Armor
- Recluse's Robe
- Lady's Corset
- Raptor Cuisses
- Maiden's Petticoat
- Assailant's Bracers
- Summery Cowl
- Golden Egg
- Rooted Gloom
- Bastard Sword
- Red Over-Knee Boots
- Silk Lingerie
- Free-Spoken Earring
- Maiden's Camisole
- Striker's Greaves
- Plucked Heart
- Hydra tactics
- If you want Aelinore to be your love interest, you should do this mission before completing Deny Salvation. Completing this before Deny Salvation will automaticly make Aelinore your love-interest, ignoring the affinity of her and others towards you.
- Your pawns won't accompany you in the manse, though they'll meet up with you at a certain point after escaping into the sewers.
- You'll most likely have to fight a chimera when you leave the manse.
- You can use Aelinore's gift (Love-In-The-Rough) to upgrade the Set of Royal Guard Armor to level three.
- After completing the quest you can re-enter the Manse and find specters and Hobgoblins.
- This quest, if already activated, will fail if you speak to the Dragonforged right after Deny Salvation. You can wait to activate and complete the mission after you have spoken to the him though.
Aelinore will sometimes get stuck on ladders. You need only to jump, grab her and leave her on the ground right after.
For the Xbox360 version, the game will auto fail the quest, And you cannot save her even if you go to the Northern Manse.
However, if she is your loved interest (Max Affinity) and she is only one to max, she will reappear and became hostage by The Dragon when you face The Dragon. Oddly enough.
- Into the Manse