Eliminators are huge, brawny humanoids found on Bitterblack Isle. They stand taller than any person, though smaller than an Ogre. Eliminators don masks in the image of a bull, Fur Greaves and Cursed King's Belts, and are armed with a Cyclops Sigil or Devil's Nail.
There are two types of Eliminators: One wears a Persecutor's Mask and is dark skinned, the second wears a Tormenter's Mask and has much lighter skin. Both have the same amount of health, but the second version which appears only after Daimon is killed for the first time, is tougher. Both may drop their masks when killed.
Their attacks consist of many large-radius hammer blows and they are much faster than one would expect.
Information and Stats
| Base Experience of 24,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
|Indomitable Lunge||Phys||Charges forward with its weapon extended, knocking down any caught in its path.|
|Indomitable Lash||Phys||Channels its strength into a devastating hit that grows in power with the amount of time spent preparing. Able to withstand attacks while charging.|
|Arc of Deliverance||Phys||Channels all its power into the ultimate blow. (Usually followed by Foot Stomp)|
|Foot Stomp||Phys||Places a foot on a knocked-down target and pins them to the ground while simultaneously charging a very powerful downward strike which can prove fatal unless interrupted or successfully evaded (wiggle L-stick).
This move can catch Assassins with Invisibility.
|Hammer Frenzy||Phys||A series of wild hammer swings in front of and around the Eliminator.|
- Weak against Ice and can be Frozen.
- Weak against Lightning.
- Resistant to Blindness.
- Vulnerable to Torpor, Poison, Petrification and Tarred in Oil.
- Vulnerable to Lowered Strength as inflicted by the Dragon's Roost shield.
- Using well timed Throwblasts can be an effective way to stagger or knock down Eliminators and deal decent damage.
- Susceptible to fall damage - can be killed by knocking off from high places. Fearful Din headshots as well as Powder Charge may lift it into the air.
- Can be climbed and attacked.
- The Eliminator's bull charge (when it lowers its head to charge) can be cancelled and staggered by a strong headshot.
- Other attacks such as its Arc of Deliverance head stomp attack can also be stopped by a powerful attack to the head.
- Many attacks, including the Lunge Attack, can be Perfect Blocked or countered with Masterful Kill.
- The Eliminator's stomp attack :
- The Egression augment allows for easier escapes, halving the effort needed to break free.
- Pawns can rescue the Arisen by stunning the Eliminator with attacks.
- The Eliminator makes a different sound for each attack, allowing identification of the attack before it is executed.
- If the Eliminator proves to be a difficult foe, it is advised to first learn what sound it makes before which attack. This makes evading its attacks much easier.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 60 Eliminators either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
- "A guardian of this labyrinth, perhaps."
- "It stands firm... Does it feel no pain?!"
- "They swarm upon the fallen! Rise as soon as you're able!"
- "Do not allow it to knock you down!"
- Eliminators appear to take damage from holy based spells such as Anodyne - such an effect is usually confined only to undead - raising questions of the creature's origins.
- Its appearance recalls the Minotaur - "a mythical creature portrayed in Classical times with the head and tail of a bull and the body of a man or, as described by Roman poet Ovid, a being 'part man and part bull'." (Source : Wikipedia:Minotaur)
- (BUG) ps3, xbox360, pc If an Eliminator and its target are on separate elevation levels when the Eliminator attacks with Foot Stomp, the hammer will not hit the character as the attack can only affect characters on its own elevation.