100 Rift Crystals
- Defeat What Lies Beyond
"God, Maker, Seneschal. All names for the same being: a truly awakened Arisen that oversees all creation and all living things in the world. The final quest in the main arc tests your mental and physical abilities in a 3-stage fight."
The Seneschal gives a speech urging the Arisen to fight while hurling easy to dodge attacks at you. You just simply empty his health bar and wait for him to finish his speech. This must be done twice as there is a brief cutscene after depleting the bar the first time.
This bit is rather simple. Either go forward towards the Seneschal passing a lot of people you met along your journey, who will attack you as you move forward, or turn back.
It's the real fight now. You and your Main Pawn go against the Seneschal and his Main Pawn, you do not get help from the 2 hired pawns in this fight. The easiest way to win is to first take out the Pawn which leaves the Seneschal alone in the battle, doing this will also reward a large amount of experience. Once the Seneschal's HP is drained he/she will kneel down and periodically release bursts of energy that deal heavy damage. Use the Pawn Commands to order your pawn to attack and they will grapple the Seneschal. At this point a single attack will end the battle.
- The Servitude Achievement/Trophy can be unlocked by being defeated by the Seneschel during stage 1 and 3.
- The Peace Achievement /Trophy can be unlocked by walking away from the Seneschel and exiting the area during stage 2.
- If you do not have your own Godsbane blade in your inventory, the game will supply you another to be able to finish the quest, The Great Hereafter.
- In addition to battling Savan as the Seneschal in your first playthrough, you may later face a new Seneschal either downloaded from the Capcom servers, if you are not online it will be your previous Arisen.
- Savan is the character you play as in the Prologue before you create your main character.
- If you are defeated by Savan, it shows the Arisen falling from the Sky and turning into a dragon.