The Fortress of Remembrance is a location on Bitterblack Isle. It is entered through the Corridor of Emptiness, has access to The Black Abbey, The Pilgrim's Gauntlet, and leads to Tower of Treasons Repaid (which provides access to the Forsaken Cathedral).
Also, a Maneater will lurk in a random chest.
Pre-Daimon the area will contain a Banshee and four Undead on the first floor bridge to Corridor of Emptiness; two Skeleton Brutes on the first floor after climbing a ladder on the way to The Pilgrim's Gauntlet; four Succubi near The Pilgrim's Gauntlet; an Eliminator in the tower with the Riftstone; and four Wargs near The Black Abbey. Giant Rats can also be found. Additionally, an Elder Ogre may randomly appear, either on the bridge to the Corridor of Emptiness or on the Fourth Level Underground next to chest #16.
Post-Daimon, the enemies appear in two formations:
- Three Strigoi and three Wraiths on the first floor bridge to the Corridor of Emptiness; Corrupted Pawns near chest #4; two Liches and an Eliminator on the bridge leading to the Fortress' tower; Leapworms on the Second and Fourth Level Underground; Wraiths near The Black Abbey; more Corrupted Pawns and a Wraith on the Third Level Underground; Giant Undead, Wraiths and two Eliminators on the bridge leading to the Tower of Treasons Repaid; and Death may randomly appear.
- Poisoned Undead and Wargs on the first bridge; Leapworms on the first floor near chest #4, and on the Second and Fourth Level Underground; a Lich and Poisoned Undead on the bridge leading to the Fortress' tower; more Poisoned Undead near The Black Abbey; Giant Undead and a Banshee on the Third Level Underground; another Lich, Skeleton Lords, and Poisoned Undead on the bridge leading to the Tower of Treasons Repaid; and an Elder Ogre may randomly appear.
General items found in the area include Sconces, Coin Pouches, Harspud Sauce, Panacea, Skulls, Brick, Purifying Brew, Empty Flasks, and Bitterblack Gear Lv.2, as well as a Bitterblack Gear Lv.1 which may be found in a gather spot on the first bridge. Breakable objects may yield Angel's Periapt, Foreign Knife, Harspud Juice, Harspud Sauce, Mage's Periapt, Salubrious Brew, or Throwblast.
Additionally, a Giant Coin Pouch can be obtained on the outside of the tower, accessed by exiting the tower on the 3rd level through the east window.
- Refer to map for all chest locations.
Pre-Daimon: Peppermint Seed
Post-Daimon : Monk's Periapt
Post-Daimon : Bitterblack Gear Lv.2
|12|| Maneater, Angel's Periapt, Jewel of Antilight, Jewel of Time, Winter's Path Tome, Wakestone Shard
Pre-Daimon : Bitterblack Weapon Lv.1
|13||Maneater, Dragonbeards, Jewel of Health, Fulgurous Lord Tome, Throwblast, Rift Bicrystal, Rift Cluster|
|14|| Maneater, Bitterblack Gear Lv.2, Rift Polycrystal (common), Bitterblack Armor Lv.2 (rare), Vivifying Incense (uncommon), Golden Talisman
Post-Daimon : Vivifying Incense (common)
|15||Maneater, Frozen Holy Water, Giant Coin Pouch, Golden Talisman|
- Death can be killed here easily using a stagger exploit - for details see Death.
- The locked doors can only be unlocked by defeating a :