Fournival is a shrewd busnissman, but his dealings may have led him into taking on questionable, unethical, or possibly illegal trades. He is first encountered by the Arisen as he seeks the rapid eviction of a family from his house in the quest Land of Opportunity, and later matters turn even more serious as he becomes the focus of a criminal investigation during the quest Trials and Tribulations - on charges including treason.
He has friends in high places including Geffrey, the high priest at Gran Soren Cathedral; Fedel, one of the Duke's closest advisors; and Ser Daerio, the captain at Windbluff Tower - he finds favor mostly due to his importance to the smooth working of Gransys' economy. However, circumstantial evidence, including documents such as the Gift Ledger, his association with Ser Daerio, and more dammingly Ansell's testimony suggest that some of his activities were criminal, and he may have even have been abetting the uprising at Windbluff Tower. His true guilt or innocence is unknown leaving the Arisen with an interesting moral dilemma should they involve themselves with his trial.
Fournival's daily schedule takes him around a good part of the city :
- .. to 9am - at Fournival Manor
- 9am - leaves home and heads through the Noble Quarter, past the Gran Soren Cathedral, and down through the barbican tunnel connecting to the Urban Quarter, taking the path behind the Union Inn to the Venery
- 10.30am - arrives at The Black Cat
- 10.30am to 4pm - at the Black Cat
- 4pm - leaves the Black Cat at returns to the Noble Quarter
- 4pm to 10pm - standing at the gate to the Duke's Demesne
- 10pm - returns home
During Post-Game the changes wrought by the Dragon cause Fournival to seek alternative routes..
- 9am - leaves Fournival Manor- he now travels via the Passage Gate passing briefly through the Craftsman's Quarter on the way to Fountain Square.
- 10.30am - he arrives at Arsmith's Alehouse and begins trading from behind it together with his old acquaintance from the Black Cat - Mountebank.
- 10.30am to 4pm - at the rear of Arsmith's
- 4pm - returns to the Noble Quarter and again returns to the gate leading to the Duke's Demesne
- 10pm - returns home
- During the quest Trials and Tribulations he is held under house arrest at Fournival manor.
- Before leaving home he speaks to Symone outside the Manor - Symone waits there whilst Fournival travels to the Black Cat in the morning.
- If for whatever reason he is rescued from the Dragon during The Final Battle he will take up residence at Your House in Cassardis.
- Sources for times include The Dragon's Dogma signature series guide by BradyGames
- Land of Opportunity - negotiate the eviction of a family
- Trial and Tribulations - Fournival's trial
- Escort Duty - escort Symone around Gran Soren
- Lucre's Location - escort quest
Fournival's range is limited, but what he does sell is of good use - he sells unlimited quantities of items that boost strength, magick, or defense, as well as useful weal granting items; he sells several unique items including the Maker's Finger arrow, the Dragon's Gaze crystal, and the Magnanimous Cloak.
If found innocent during Trials and Tribulations, Fournival will reduce the prices of his items considerably, selling Ferrystones for 1,000 Gold each (Dark Arisen) . His stock of Wakestone Shards and Ferrystones renew every eight days.
|Tagilus's Miracle||∞||3,500 G||Post-Game|
|Steel Nut Salve||∞||3,000 G||Post-Game|
|Salomet's Secret||∞||3,500 G||Post-Game|
|Decoction of Bandlily||∞||3,000 G||Post-Game|
|Mushroom Potage||∞||2,500 G||Post-Game|
|Sobering Wine||∞||6,000 G||Post-Game|
|Coin Purse of Charity||∞||7,500 G||Stage 2+|
|Conqueror's Periapt||∞||1,500 G||Stage 2+|
|Angel's Periapt||∞||1,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Demon's Periapt||∞||1,500 G||Stage 2+|
|Mage's Periapt||∞||1,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Monk's Periapt||∞||2,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Veteran's Periapt||∞||25,000 G||Post-Game (High Affinity)|
|Banker's Periapt||∞||20,000 G||Post-Game (High Affinity)|
|Pilgrim's Charm||∞||70,000 G||Post-Game|
|Vigor Extract||∞||1,350 G||???|
|Serenity Extract||∞||1,000 G||???|
|Silverwheat Paste||∞||350 G||???|
|Goldbean Grind||∞||350 G||???|
|Maker's Finger||1||300,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Ferrystone||3||1,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Dragon's Gaze||∞||3,980 G||After Trials and Tribulations|
|Wakestone Shard||1||15,000 G||Stage 2+|
|Magnanimous Cloak||∞||118,800 G||After Trials and Tribulations|
- After acquitting Fournival from the charges in Trials and Tribulations, he offers a 10% discount on all his items.
- Once Fournival has been acquitted once and his Post-Game items begin to be offered for sale they will continue to be put on sale from the earliest opportunity in New Game Plus
- Fournival will purchase items with 'A rarity' in the description for 20% more gold than other merchants.
- Post-Game, shopping around Fournival Manor once can become 'difficult' due the attacking guards.. an Arisen with Vortex Trail or a similar spell can "occupy" the guards and prevent Fournival from running away.
- "Any rarities to sell? I'll pay you handsomely."
- "You've met with His Grace? My, you're a lucky one."
- "Gran Soren has seen its share of Arisen, most of them coarse as a common thief."
- "It's a rare thing to find one whose feats earn the Duke's good graces."