The Frontier Caverns are located just beyond The Shadow Fort and you must travel through The Shadow Fort to reach it. There are many quests that will have you travel to the fort. From Gran Soren you can go through the The Ancient Quarry's north entrance and once through then head northwest, through the forest. Once the quest A Fortress Besieged has been completed, there won't be any enemies left in the fort. Otherwise, it will be full of Goblins and Cyclops.
Once inside The Shadow Fort area, there is a Goblin-dug tunnel just to the right of the fort doors that you can fit in just before the fort entrance. Drop down the hole and follow the cave to the Frontier Caverns. The hand icon in the map image below points to the entrance to the tunnel:
- The cavern is full of Goblins and Hobgoblins, and there's quite a bit of gold too.
- The Caverns to a gate the Proving Grounds, which remains locked until the acceptance of the Put the Eye Out Notice Board quest.
- Post-dragon a second Notice Board quest, A Challenge will also take place in the Proving Grounds.
Points of Interest Edit
There is chest behind a closed gate that cannot be accessed until Post-dragon .
Pawn Travels KnowledgeEdit
- Trying to operate the large iron gate opposite the entrance gate to the Proving Grounds during the Notice Board quest, Put the Eye Out, may grant Pawn Status Travels Knowledge for the Frontier Caverns.
- It is possible for Pawns to acquire two stars of Pawn Status Travels Knowledge for the Frontier Caverns after engaging the Goblins in the first chamber, in which case trying to activate the gate in the Proving Grounds may not grant Knowledge.
Simply enter into Frontier Caverns to unlock the below achievement.