The Frontier Caverns are tunnels accessed from within The Shadow Fort via a Goblin-dug tunnel in the far northwest corner of the fort. See the hand pointer on the map below for the location of the entrance.
- The cavern is populated with Goblins and Hobgoblins bearing torches which they are prepared to throw at the party.
- A gate leading to the Proving Grounds remains locked until the acceptance of the Put the Eye Out Notice Board quest.
- Post-dragon, a second Notice Board quest A Challenge will also take place in the Proving Grounds.
Points of Interest Edit
Pawn Travels KnowledgeEdit
- Trying to operate the large iron gate opposite the entrance gate to the Proving Grounds during the Notice Board quest, Put the Eye Out, may grant Pawn Status Travels Knowledge for the Frontier Caverns.
- It is possible for Pawns to acquire two stars of Pawn Status Travels Knowledge for the Frontier Caverns after engaging the Goblins in the first chamber, in which case trying to activate the gate in the Proving Grounds may not grant Knowledge.
See also Proving Grounds, which has three treasure chests.
Simply enter into Frontier Caverns to unlock the Into the Frontier Caverns achievement.