debilitation in Dragon's Dogma when the target is frozen solid and incapable of moving.
A frozen character takes double damage from the next attack. Being Frozen has a random chance to cause instant death upon being hit. Targets killed while frozen shatter into pieces.
- Drench first with water to increase the chance of freezing.
- Luring enemies towards a water source and then quickly use Ice based weapons or spells.
- Enemies highly vulnerable to being Frozen include all Saurians (particularly Pyre Saurians), Hellhounds, Eliminators, Undead, and Banshees. These enemies can be Frozen with Ice based spells or enchanted weapons (such as the Magebreaker mace and Dragon's Glaze longbow) and shattered for an outright kill.
- Skills with multiple strikes such as Spiral Arrow or Tenfold Flurry, have a greater chance to inflict Frozen, as more strikes per skill execution increase the probability of inflicting any debilitation.
- If a pawn becomes Frozen, Grapple them (pick them up) quickly to unfreeze them.
- When frozen, wriggle (L-stick), to un-freeze oneself.