They attack by grabbing and stabbing their prey with their tail, with the chance to cause Petrification which leads to death if not immediately treated.
| Base Experience of 1350
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
In the Everfall, additionally Secret Softener
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
|Dive||Phys||Dives at its target from the sky. |
|Grab and Impale||Phys/Status||
Will grab and then stab its target with its tail, which may cause Petrification if not cured.
- ↑ The Dive attack will kill the Arisen instantly if they don't not have 100 total in armor. Adventurers with equipment below this value should use caution when confronting a Gargoyle.
- Gargoyles are weak to both Lightning and Holy.
- Strong against Dark based spells. High Maelstrom will inflict limited damage.
- Use a ranged attack to knock one out of the sky.
- Blunt weapons seem to be the most effective physical means of inflicting damage.
- If their grab attack will miss, creatures will immediately land to rest for a while and can be safely grabbed.
- Once grounded, they can be held down.
- Be very careful when fighting multiple Gargoyles at once, since they can work in tandem and might effectively juggle anyone they strike if they attack one after the other, knocking the unfortunate Arisen or pawn up a little bit higher.
- Fighter: Heavenward Lash reaches flying enemies. Perfect Block with Dragon's Roost Shield grants knowledge.
- Striders: Ensnare/Implicate will pull them down from the sky, but has only limited reach upwards.
- Mystic Knight: Great Cannon and Sky Rapture are effective. Successfully Perfect Blocking a dive can instantly kill them. Vortex Sigil will suck them into place for an easy defeat.
- Magick Archer: Shadowshackle will hold them in place, and Vortex Trail will suck them in.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Holy
- Weak to Lightning
- Perfect Block an attack with an enchanted shield (may need to be performed a few times, confirmed working with Dragon's Roost)
- Witness the "Grab and Impale" attack
- Witness full Petrification (may not be needed)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Gargoyles either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- "Their tail can turn a man to stone."
- "A team of gargoyles!"
- "Have we a remedy for petrification?"
- "Their skin looks hard as stone!"