Gargoyles are a dangerous species of winged creatures rarely found in Gransys. Their bodies are stone or rock like in nature and most resistant to physical attacks.
They attack by grabbing and stabbing their prey with their tail, which has a chance to cause Petrification and death if not immediately treated.
| Base Experience of 1350
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Information from : Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' , and from in-game testing..|
|Dive||Phys||Dives at you from the sky.|
|Grab and Impale||Phys/Status||
Will grab you and then stab you with its tail, which causes Petrification if not cured.
- ↑ The Dive attack will kill the Arisen instantly if he/she does not have 100 total in armor. Adventurers with equipment below this value should use caution when confronting a Gargoyle.
- Strong against Dark element spells. High Maelstrom will inflict limited damage.
- Use a ranged attack to knock one out of the sky.
- Blunt weapons seem to be the most effective physical means of inflicting damage -once grounded they can be grappled.
- Be very careful when fighting multiple Gargoyles at once, since they can work in tandem and can effectively juggle anyone they strike if they attack one after the other, each knocking the unfortunate Arisen or pawn up a little bit higher.
- Fighter : Heavenward Lash reaches flying enemies. Perfect Block with Dragon's Roost Shield grants knowledge.
- Striders : Ensnare/Implicate will pull them down from the sky, follow up with Cutting Wind.
- Mystic Knight : Great Cannon and Sky Rapture are effective. Successfully Perfect Blocking a dive can instantly kill them. Vortex Sigil will suck them into place, then the Arisen can dispatch it at leisure.
- Magick Archer : Shadowshackle will hold them in place, and Vortex Trail will suck them in.
- Weak to Holy
- Weak to Lightning
- Perfect Block an attack with an enchanted shield (may need to be performed a few times, confirmed working with Dragon's Roost)
- Witness the "Grab and Impale" attack
- Witness full Petrification (may not be needed)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Gargoyles either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.