Gargoyles are airborne animated statues found in the Soulflayer Canyon and other locations. They sport high physical defense, making magick not just a useful means of grounding them but also the best way of damaging them overall.
They attack by grabbing you and stabbing you with their tail, which has a chance to cause petrification and death if not immediately treated.
|Dive*||Phys||Dives at you from the sky.|
|Grab and Impale||Phys/Status||
Will grab you and then stab you with its tail, which causes petrification if not cured.
*The Dive attack will kill the Arisen instantly if he/she does not have 100 total in armor. Adventurers with equipment below this value should use caution when confronting the Gargoyle.
- Lightning attacks do the most damage to them.
- Holy attacks are also effective.
- The easiest way to defeat one is to use a Magick Archer. Their attacks can easily knock one out of the sky.
- Be very careful when fighting multiple Gargoyles at once, since they can work in tandem (unintentionally) and effectively juggle anyone they strike if they attack one after the other, each knocking the unfortunate player or pawn that little bit higher.
- Blunt weapons seem to be the most effective physical means of inflicting damage, so any Lightning or Holy-enchanted weapon, any Ur-Dragon weapon is useful as they are all Holy-enchanted and boast high damage.