Garm are huge, wolf-like quadrupedal beasts that can be encountered in packs of two or three, or as solitary individuals. Prior to noticing the Arisen or party members, Garm will be rending and eating the corpses of the slain.
Garm are necrophagous creatures; the stench of death and rotting corpses attracts them. Their appearances are not entirely random as the Arisen can influence the spawn rate of Garm, however, the more death within Bitterblack Isle, the more likely one or more of these creatures will spawn.
They can be lured with Rancid Bait Meat.
| Base Experience of 29,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
|Blinding Mist||Spec||Exhales a black mist causing damage and Blindness.|
|Ram and Toss||Phys||Using a two hit attack, the Garm rams its head into the foe and then launches them up into the air, causing fall damage.|
|Grab and Drag||Phys||Grabs a target who has been knocked to the floor and drags them a fair distance away, dealing constant damage. Then it will maul and exhale Blinding Mist until freed (wiggle L-stick). Other Garm can join in on this attack, increasing damage and the likelihood of death.|
|Last Breath||Phys/Spec||Upon death, the Garm will let out a final Blinding Mist dealing damage and causing Blindness.|
- Immune to Blindness.
- Resistant against Ice enchanted weapons and magic.
- Weak against Lightning based magic and enchanted weapons.
- Vulnerable to Tarred in Oil.
- Vulnerable to Torpor, Poison, Petrification, and Sleep
- Petrification may take 30-50 Petrification arrows to accomplish.
- Vulnerable to Lowered Strength such as inflicted with a Dragon's Roost shield
- Can be climbed
- The head is the weak point.
- Garm behaviour and attack pattens are similar to wolfs -they will attempt to physically shake off the oil from their hides when tarred, and will roll on the ground when burning.
- Garm cannot attack targets perched above them.
- Garm cannot attack targets mounting them.
- Garm spew a toxic cloud which can cause Blindness. When the Garm lifts its head up and stands still, it is preparing to spew. The lingering cloud can even blind the party after the Garm is killed.
- In some areas of Bitterblack Isle like the Garden of Ignominy, Garm may randomly spawn during or after a battle.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Lightning.
- Getting hit by their mist breath and becoming blinded will grant knowledge.
- Causing them to Sleep MAY grant knowledge.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it may be necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 100 Garm and to obtain a combined kill count with Wargs of 300, either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- Garm can be farmed for experience or loot using an exploit - for more details see Farming Exploits § Garm
- In Norse mythology, Garmr or Garm is a dog associated with Ragnarök, and described as a blood-stained watchdog that guards Hel's gate. (Source Wikipedia:Garmr)
- Garm is also the name of the dog in Farmer Giles of Ham by J.R.R. Tolkien.