Gathering in Dragon's Dogma is the act of collecting raw materials or items from objects found in the environment.
The places from which objects can be collected are oft known as Gather Spots.
A gatherable object is indicated by a slight glow or shimmer on the object - approach such an object and gather to collect items.
There are several items that can be gathered from including fallen logs, bags and sacks, and odd corners here and there. In general several objects can be gathered from a single object, and pawns will also gather if unoccupied. Once an object has been gathered from it will be a few days before items can be got from it again.
Types of gather spot
- Fallen trees and logs usually yield Kindling or branches such as Pine Branches.
- Bags and sacks may yield different types of cloth, such as Absorbent Rags, as well as potions like Harspud Sauce.
- Refuse piles can sometimes be gathered from, or dusty corners may sometimes give up tufts of hair or other useless items.
- Piles of weapons or old armor, marked by a rusty sword, can yield old soldier's kit including Rusted Weapons, Royal Banners, Skulls, rarely other weapons or equipment, or more general items such as curatives - they are also known as Weapon/Armor Piles.
- Piles of books or scrolls oft give writing or written materials, such as an Ancient Scroll, or more rarely an Enemy Strategy Scroll.
- Fresh plants - i.e. those that look as if they might have been the product of human horticulture - usually give Pumpkins or Twigbeans. Such spots can be found near the Miner's Hut, or in the clearing outside the Witch's House, and elsewhere.
- Some gather spots only give specific items - for example one Fish pool above the Nameless Falls only gives a Snakeskin Purse, and one under a table in the Visitor's Chamber (Julien's room) in the Duke's Demesne always gives a Set of Salvation Robes.
- Low value, decayed, or mundane items are commonly found, but occasionally rare things turn up - a Cyclops Sigil (value over 200,000 Gold) has been unearthed in one of the chambers of The post-Dragon Everfall from an uninspiring patch.
- The Dark Arisen augment Acquisition increases the speed of gathering.
- To gather from a gather spot approach the area and press the 'interact button' i.e. the B or O (circle) button. The Arisen will appear to root around in the area before retrieving an item.