The Gazer is a distorted version of an Evil Eye, found in the Shrine of Futile Truths on Bitterblack Isle. It employs various Debilitations in battle (including Torpor, Blind and Petrification). The Gazer also summons Tentacles from the ground which can each independently cast fireballs, ice shards or an electrical attack against the party.
| Base Experience of 72,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
- Casts a powerful debilitating beam/gaze from its eye that can cause Torpor, Petrification, Poison, Silence and Blindness.
- When battling on the bottom floor, the Gazer uses additional attacks such as slamming against the ground, and spinning wildly.
- The Gazer can fill the bottom floor with poisonous gas which will continuously damage any exposed party members standing on the ground floor.
- Summons both regular and large tentacles which strike with a single, upward thrust that deals damage from the strike itself plus additional fall damage.
- The Gazer uses four summoned tentacles in a square formation to support an orb that will act as a very powerful Great Cannon sigil when the Gazer's tentacles complete charging it. If the summoning completes any party members caught within the Great Cannon's blast radius will sustain heavy damage.
- Unlike the Vile Eye and Evil Eye, the Gazer does not have a magical barrier to protect itself when it is not attacking. However, the exterior ocular cavity is extremely resistant to physical attacks, except for the eye itself.
- It chants spells using its eyelids like a mouth.
- The Gazer has 11 health bars - a Maker's Finger will not kill the creature outright, but it will deplete a single health bar.
- This abomination's weak point is the eye itself.
- Weak against Holy and Fire weapons and magicks.
- Resists dark based attacks.
- Invulnerable to all debilitations (Blindness, Torpor, Tarred in oil, Poisoned, etc.).
- Similar to the Evil Eye, the Gazer summons Tentacles from the ground. These Tentacle should be taken care of first because destroying all of them causes the Gazer to become extremely vulnerable.
- Killing all four tenacles used to summon a giant cannon sigil stuns and exhausts the Gazer causing its eye to stick out of its mouth and hover quite close to the ground.
- Once the eye is exposed, it is highly vulnerable to most types of damage.
- The Gazer's Great Cannon can be used against the eye for massive damage.
- Standing under the Gazer to bait the thrusting tentacles to punch into the Gazer itself will leave the Gazer vulnerable for a few seconds. (This maneuver grants Pawn Knowledge.)
- Attack the side of its eye rather than the eye itself, as it deals extremely high damage.(verify)
- It is possible to crawl into the inside of the Gazer's mouth and onto its actual eye.
- The debilitating gaze may be avoided by hiding behind cover, by turning away, or blocking it with a shield.
- Green gas around the creature's eye/mouth indicates it is beginning to generate the poison cloud attack - head for higher ground.
- The poison gas attack can be also be blocked with a shield without taking damage or being debilitated. However, until the cloud dissipates, the character will be trapped in a repeated blocking state. This is not advised, as pawns will likely remain by the Arisen's side and be killed by the gas. In addition, the Arisen's immobility while blocking the gas will make one vulnerable to any surrounding summoned Tentacles.
- The location of the summoned thrusting tentacles is indicated by a red-orange spot on the ground.
- Halidom or Voidspell should be useful in this battle as the Gazer causes many debilitations with its eye beam.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
For full information, refer to the Bestiary page.
Enemy specific :
- Destroy the 4 tentacles that are casting Great Cannon
- Be under the Gazer when it casts a Spire Tentacle to stun it
- Get damaged or debilited by the poison cloud
- Attack the eye directly by climbing it
- Witness a full petrification
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 30 Gazers either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- When entered directly from the Corridor of Emptiness, the abundant curatives within make this a good farming location.
- After the first time it is killed, the Gazer will not respawn until Daimon is defeated for the first time.