Gold Idol is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "A figurine required to do business with a talented artisan. This one is crafted of fine gold."
- "Gives a shop discount. Favored by Fournival."
A Gold Idol reduces shop prices by 30% - discounts are given at all shops, both in Cassardis and Gran Soren, and by travelling vendors. Discounts are not given at The Black Cat, or by Fournival. Enhancing costs are unchanged. One, or a forgery, can be used to complete the quests Idol Worship and Supplier's Demand.
Items unlocked by Gold IdolEdit
- The discount effect given by the Badge of Merit, Bronze Idol, Silver Idol or Gold Idol does not stack. Only the highest given discount of the best item in your inventory will be used.
- For example: If the player has all the above discount items in their inventory, the discount will be based on only the Gold Idol's discount of 30%.
- Idols given for quest turn will only alter the merchant's stock once the player reaches level 35 and 2 days have passed.
- Only original idols will cause Madeleine and Caxton to upgrade their shops. Forgeries won't, but still cause the relavent quests to complete.
- Inventory upgrades automatically carry over to subsequent playthroughs.
- A Gold Idol Forgery will grant the same discount as the original.
- It is recommended to make a forgery of the Gold Idol at The Black Cat. This allows the player to retain the discounted bonus and turn in the item for a quest completion.
- Items that give discount bonuses do not have to be in the Arisen's inventory. Pawns can carry the item and the Arisen will still receive the discount.
- It is not the end of the world if the Arisen misses out on the Gold Idol. By the time the Arisen reaches the Everfall or starts acquiring Bitterblack Isle equipment, the extra equipment added to either Caxton's or Madeleine's inventory is outdated and outclassed.
- In the vanilla version of Dragon's Dogma, if the Gold Idol is forged, the discount for the original copy will be bugged and is nullified. As of Dark Arisen, the bug has been corrected.