Gold Idol is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
"A figurine required to do business with a talented artisan. This one is crafted of fine gold."
"Gives a shop discount. Favored by Fournival."
- Reduces shop prices by 30%.
- Can be used as a quest item for the quest; Idol Worship or Supplier's Demand.
- Quest reward from the quest; Escort Duty. Symone's maximum satisfaction must be met, which means giving her full attention at all time, otherwise this item will be missed. Refer to the Escort Duty quest page for a more detailed guide on how to successfully obtain this item.
Items unlocked by Gold IdolEdit
- The discount effect given by the Badge of Merit, Bronze/Silver/Gold Idol will NOT stack. Only the highest given discount of the best item in your inventory will be used.
- For example: If the player has all the above discount items in their inventory, the discount will be based on only the Gold Idol's discount of 30%.
- Idols given for quest turn will only alter the merchant's stock once the player reaches level 35 and 2 days have passed
- Only original idols will cause Madeleine and Caxton to upgrade their shops, giving them forgeries will, however, accomplish the quest properly.
- Inventory upgrades carry over to subsequent playthroughs.
- A Gold Idol Forgery will grant the same discount as the original.
- It is recommended to make a forgery of the Gold Idol at The Black Cat. This allows the player to retain the discounted bonus and turn in the item for a quest completion.
- The Gold Idol's discount does not take effect in shops such as Fournival's and the The Black Cat.
- Items that give discount bonuses do not have to be in the Arisen's inventory, instead pawn's can carry the item and the player can still receive the discount.
- In the vanilla version of Dragon's Dogma, if the Gold Idol is forged, the discount for the original copy will be bugged and is nullified. As of Dark Arisen, the bug has been corrected.