"A sturdy rapier of golden alchemick metal. Worth a fair bit of coin, but otherwise unremarkable."
| 0|| 1|| 2|| 3|
|N/A||13,400 G|| 44,600 G|
Gold Ore x 2
| 161,900 G|
Electrum x 4
| Click here for|
| 5,200 RC|
Hunk of Platinum x4
| 7,500 RC|
Befouled Gold Veneer x3
- Reward for completing the quest; A Challenge
- Sold by Mountebank at The Black Cat after completing the quest, A Challenge.
Enhancement Item Locations
- Gold Ore
- Dropped by a Metal Golem on destroying it's magick discs.
- Sold by Delec in the Chamber of Estrangement in the Post-Game Everfall.
- Hunk of Platinum
- Commonly obtained by mining from Ore Deposits in Bitterblack Isle
- Befouled Gold Veneer
- Dropped by a Golden Knight
- Goldforging and enhancing Golden weapons increases their chance of inflicting Silence. The Silence debilitation is most useful against the Dark Bishop, Frostwyrms, Wights and Liches, since it renders these foes harmless. They continue to try to cast spells, unable to heal the debilitation until the condition wears off on its own... or you kill them first.
- Selling Golden weapons for profit early in the game is a good way to accumulate gold, prior to accessing the game's later farming areas such as the Everfall.
- Golden Weapons are the only weapons that inflict Silence; these weapons must be reinforced to at least 3* to acquire the deblitation.
- Mainly used for thrusting attacks, the slender Rapier was widely used in Europe throughout the 16th and 17th centuries. Its name derives from the French word "rape", meaning "grated". This refers to the Rapier's perforated, swept hilt which resembled a cheese grater of the period. (Source: paraphrased from Wikipedia).