Similar to a regular Chimera, a Gorechimera is a stronger version found throughout Gransys during Post-Game and on Bitterblack Isle. Several Chimeras are replaced by Gorechimeras in the Post-Game, though the first one is encountered before the battle with the Dragon (where the prologue Chimera was fought).
Unlike a Chimera it has the ability to heal itself, making it more difficult to slay. The Goat can cast Anodyne, restoring the creature's overall HP (but not the damage to the individual heads), and the snake tail if cut off regenerates in a manner similar to a Hydra. It also differs from a regular Chimera in that it has a black lion head, a dark reddish snake, and a white goat's head.
Like a regular Chimera, a Gorechimera's goat head is vulnerable to physical attacks, and the lion head is vulnerable to magick. Severing the snake tail will usually cause a Gorechimera to collapse, though the tail will regrow after some time.
| Base Experience of 13,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
Bitterblack Isle (Post-Daimon)
|Information from Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and from in-game testing.|
- Lion and Goat's health contribute to the main health bar, the snake's health is separate
- Physical and Magickal power is thought to increase when the Goat or Lion are killed respectively.(verify)
|Charge||Phys||Charges at a target. May cause Knockdown.|
|Roar||Spec||The lion roars which knocks back anyone close by.|
|Lion's Meal||Phys||The lion will pounce on a sleeping or downed target and proceed to chew on them, dealing high damage.|
|Rampage||Phys||When the lion is the last head remaining, it will charge at random targets in quick succession and be difficult to hit.|
|Lassitude||Mag/Status||The goat casts a torpor inducing field which will slow down anyone within.|
|Anodyne||Mag/Spec||The Goat will heal the Gorechimera with this spell.|
|Sopor||Mag/Status||Casts a sleeping spell that will cause anyone near it to fall asleep.|
|Exequy||Mag||A circular red sigil will appear and begin charging. Anyone within it when it finishes charging will be instantly killed. Unlike the sorcerer's exequy spell, the Gorechimera does not need to channel it.|
|Grab||Phys||Grabs a target and hoists them into the air. Holds them in position for the goat, which will lick, inflicting Drenched. May be followed by the snake throwing the target on the ground in front of the lion, which will use its Lion's Meal attack.|
|Acid Sludge||Mag/Status||The snake spews acid in a sweeping arc that will linger on the ground. Jet and subsequent acid cloud may inflict Tarring, Lowered Defense and Burning.|
|Snake Bite||Phys||The snake will bite anyone near it, or climbing on the Gorechimera.|
- See also Chimera § Tactics.
The behavior and abilities of the Gorechimera is much the same as the commoner Chimera, however the Gorechimera is much stronger. When fighting a Gorechimera very similar tactics should be used as with a normal Chimera with a few exceptions:
- Killing the goat should be a priority as its healing spells can constantly restore its HP and prolong the fight- alternatives are interrupting its spells or silencing.
- While Anodyne can heal the entire creature's total HP, the Lion and the Goat heads will not be revived once killed (though the snake grows back again and again, as it has a separate health bar from the main body).
- Unlike a normal chimera the Gorechimera can be Poisoned.
- The Chimera's Snake head poison jet attack is replaced with a much more potent acid pool that caused significantly more damage, and can cause burning.
- The gorechimera has a strong resistance to fire, but the creature suffers a converse weakness to ice:
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Ice
- Weak to Holy
- Cutting off the Snake tail then using a Fire based attack to sear the stump and delay its regrowth grants knowledge. (Similar with the Hydra heads)
- Witnessing the Goat use Anodyne to heal itself may grant knowledge.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it may be necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 30 Gorechimeras either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- It is possible to kill all of the heads, with the creature still alive - this is usually a consequence of the Goat casting healing spells after both the other heads are dead. After some time snake will grow back. While in this state, however, the Gorechimera cannot attack and behaves oddly, aimlessly running around the playing field and occasionally emitting a sound-less roar (despite the Lion already being dead).
- When finally defeated it still emits the Goat's death scream.