- Shall we leave it be? ...Please?
A Condemned Gorecyclops shares similar features to a regular Gorecyclops, but it is significantly taller, with a longer reach and its attacks are much more damaging. Like its brethren, it is weak against ice-based attacks.
A gigantic enemy, over 100 feet tall, covered in dangerous spikes and an iron helmet.
Usually first encountered chained safely to a wall - once limited but significant damage has been inflicted on the creature, it will free itself and pick up a giant spiked mace to engage the Arisen and party. Removal of the monster's helmet also may trigger this rampage.
| Base Experience of 57,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
With Master Thief :
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp) and in-game testing.|
|Grab||Phys||Grabs one climbing on its face.|
|Stomp||Phys||Stomps on the ground with its foot.|
|Sweeping Attack||Phys||Uses its club or hand to swipe at targets.|
|Overhand||Phys||Vertical heavy smash with the club|
|Rampage||Phys||Charges back and forth, flailing its club or fists at random targets.|
|Jump||Phys||Jumps at a target, crushing whoever it lands on and staggering the one who clings to it.|
|Throw||Phys||Picks up an object such as a Poison Flask and throws it.|
- Vulnerable to Torpor, Poison, Blinded and Tarred.
- Immune to Sleep, Petrification, and Curse.
- The head and eye is the weakpoint, and should be targeted if possible for both damage, and to stun
- Vulnerable to the Lowered Strength that can be inflicted with the Dragon's Roost shield
- Can be climbed - for tips see climbing.
- The spiked armor cannot be readily removed from the body, except for the mask- the spikes on the body will inflict damage on climbers and stagger close attackers.
- The beast's health can be taken in small chunks by Throwblasts (carry 100 or so), stay at a safe spot and start throwing.
Mask and Chain
Like an armored cyclops helmet the mask greatly protects the gorecyclops - and it can be removed by similar tactics.
- The mask will fall off by striking at the harness holding the mask on the top of its head.
- The strap at the back of the head can be easily cut to release the facemask.
- Blast arrows aimed at the head will quickly remove the helmet.
- Targetable spells will also release the helmet.
- Very resistant to falling from knockdown with the mask.(verify)
The chains restrain the creature and prevent it from attacking - if sufficiently riled the creature will break its chains and begin to rampage. While chained the gorecyclops has higher resistances.
- Attacks on the feet or ankles (including Blast Arrows) eventually cause the brute to fall over, making it easy prey or give Warriors the time they need to deliver a charged attack.
- High Exequy can be used to destroy this giant.
- Use weapons, attacks and gear with high stagger (such as the Cursed King's Belt) to stun-lock the monster.
- To avoid being grabbed while climbing, there is a position that the Arisen may take up on the lower half of the face where the Condemned Gorecyclops, instead of grasping at its head, will grab at its chest and miss the Arisen consistently.
- Standing near the instep of the right foot allows the avoidance of nearly all the creature's attacks.
- An elevated position (such as is available in the Midnight Helix) allows ranged attackers and spellcasters to pelt the beast with attacks whilst staying out of danger.
- Strong enough attacks will disarm the creature of its club.
- It is generally a good idea to first eliminate all other enemies before taking on this giant.
- Instant Reset can be used as an emergency dismount to avoid being grabbed and eaten.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Ice.
The Cyclops strategy scrolls will grant knowledge (and therefore Stars) for all members of the Cyclops family which includes the Gorecyclops.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 50 Gorecyclopes either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
- Gorecyclops and Condemned Gorecyclops are considered as the same enemy type, thus share the same characteristics (knowledge, kill-count), in a similar way as Cyclops Vs Armored Cyclops.
- Unlike normal Armored Cyclops, this enemy's body armor cannot be torn off or rent asunder. However, the helmet can be removed by destroying the strap at the back of the neck.
- "Shall we leave it be? ...Please?" (Meek)
- "'Tis enormous!"
- "Perhaps we'd do well not to disturb it."
- "Is this giant, too, a prisoner here?"
- "'Tis hideous, even by a cyclops's measure!"
- "The giant has torn free of its bindings!"
- "'Tis too powerful!"
- "It's fallen! Now! Attack!"
- "Their tusks are too short to cleave!"
- "Cling to its leg -- throw it off balance!" (faulty knowledge flag inherited from Cyclops Bestiary)
- "Bleed its arm and it'll drop its weapon!" (correct knowledge flag inherited from Cyclops Bestiary)
- "Good! It's lost its cudgel!" (Gorecyclops is disarmed)
- "It makes to throw! Stand ready!" (Gorecyclops picks up a throwable object)
- "A brilliant hit!" (when Gorecyclops is disarmed)
- "Its armor is rent!" (Gorecyclops drops a pice of armor)
- Despite what Pawns may say (or do), the leg grabbing tactics doesn't work on this one - only on rare occasions when the glitch prevents Gorecyclops from raging. This is caused by all the Gorecyclopes being considered, by Pawns, the same enemy type and inheriting both animations and Bestiary knowledge flags from regular Cyclopes.
- Though unlike normal Armored Cyclopes', these enemies' body armor cannot be torn off or rent asunder the creatures actually do lose armor pieces occasionally when they fall. Just like with normal Armored Cyclopes the rent pieces spawn loot bundles containing Rusted Plate, Scrap Iron or Iron Blade Piece. The creatures' defenses and Stagger/Knock Down Resistance lower as it drops armor pieces too(verify).
- In the Midnight Helix the Gorecyclops may fight with a Cursed Dragon if the party hides from both - they will fight to the death and the party can claim the rewards.