Dragon's Dogma takes place in the duchy of Gransys, a province divided in the eastern region of the Liogran Peninsula. It's covered in lush fields, dense forests, and rolling plains. Brimming with dungeons to explore, adventures to be had, stories to be told, and mythical monsters to be slain, the landscape of Gransys is anyone's to explore. Coupled with dark and menacing nights when monsters prowl, Gransys is just an extremely small part of a world unlike any before it.
- The capital city of Gransys is Gran Soren, home to Duke Edmun Dragonsbane, also known as the Wyrmslayer.
- Gransys seems to be somewhere in Europe because of its landscapes and design
- Gransys might be based on Germany or France or Britain
- Gran Soren might have been based on a real-life castle from its design
- The Witchwood is completely removed from fog, on the general map, as soon as you enter it regardless of whether the Arisen explores the area or not.