"Sends forth tendrils of dark energy that can bind foe for a time."
- Upgrades to High Grapnel.
- This spell will temporarily hold even Gorecyclops (Condemned) and Dragons in place and prevent them from rampaging. Foes caught in the tendrils of Grapnel are also prevented from spellcasting, roaring, and attacking.
- Holding a large enemy in place is useful to buy time for Mystic Knights (Holy Furor or Stone Forest), Warriors (Arc of Deliverance), Rangers (Great Gamble or Reaper's Arrow), and Sorcerers (Gicel, Maelstrom, Seism, Bolide) to charge powerful attacks.
- Equipping this spell to a Mage pawn (with no other spells enabled) and a Legion's Might staff will help ensure that the pawn continually holds an enemy in place in major battles while the rest of the party heals or attacks (like against the Drake in Devilfire Grove or the prisoner Gorecyclops in the Midnight Helix).
- This spell will kill weaker enemies like Gran Soren soldiers.
- Grapnel and High Grapnel are similar in effect to the Fighter, Warrior and Mystic Knight ability to Grapple a foe, however, this spell also inflicts Dark damage while grappling does not.