Harpies have a wingspan of nearly twenty feet and they have an undeniable grace when in flight. Their intelligence is that which you would expect from an animal, yet they are known to sing arias of such beauty that none can say whether the songs contain real language or nothing more than the simple cries of a beast.
Like most birds, they seem to have poor perception at night and avoid taking action during the dark hours, preferring to take their rest upon some safe perch. Yet there have been tales of harpies attacking by the light of the moon or the fiery glow of torches, so it will not pay to let your guard down at night.
The harpy’s song clouds human minds and lulls them into sleep. Once one harpy begins to sing, the others are likely to join in its song, so keep an ear open.
These can also be ridden on to 'fly' across the lands and waters in the game of Dragon Dogma
|Dive Attack||Phys||Quickly dives at a target and slashes them with its talons.|
|Grab||Spec||Grabs a target and attempts to fly off with it, and then drops the target at death-causing heights. Wiggle the L-stick to free yourself before this happens.|
|Sing||Status||Starts singing with a sleep-inducing voice, other Harpies often join in to make this process faster.|
|Knock Off||Phys/Spec||After grabbing onto a flying Harpy for some time it will decide it has had enough and knock you off, dropping you to the ground and likely to deal fatal damage upon impact by the time it has reached this stage.|
Harpies are not difficult to take down, but they can become a nuisance.
- Fighters can use Shield Drum to lure Harpies into striking range.
- For warriors, you can use skyward slash or the aerial attacks to try to swat them down
- Any class wielding a bow, such as a Strider, Ranger, or Assassin, can take them down with ease using their bows.
- Mages can set them on fire to drop them to the ground
- You can grab harpies mid-air and use them to fly. Be warned they can regain control anytime and if they do they'll drop you which will likely lead to your death.
- When they are on the ground you can grab them and throw them off a cliff. Surprisingly they don't make any attempt to fly back up and usually die on impact with the ground/water.
- Fighter-type classes can also grappel Harpies on the ground to reduce their defense even further.
- Magick Archers can easily take Harpies down using their homing arrows.
- Moonsbit Pass
- The Everfall(Chamber of Fate with a Drake)(Post-Dragon)
- The Harpies in Dragon's Dogma look very much like traditional ones from Greek Mythology.
- Harpies (like Bandits and Goblins) can sometimes be found guarding a human captive in a cage, which triggers a random 'rescue' quest
Master Thief(Strider Skill)
- Stealing from snow harpies can get you harpy cloak, gryphic cloak(rare), peppermint seeds or silk lingerie (rare).
- It is easier to steal from a grappeled, sleeping or stunned target.