- "An advanced form of Frazil that creates an expanded field of cold around the user that deals ice damage to those it touches."
An improved form of Frazil that creates a larger zone of cold, and allows slightly faster movement, with a more powerful and larger frost wave on release.
Use and tactics
Frazil and High Frazil work in the same way: once cast, the spellcaster is surrounded by a circular area of cold that does not damage but may inflict freezing on foes within in.
Whilst active the caster may move, slowly; holding the zone of cold active uses stamina, and if fully depleted the spell will be dispersed.
The finishing move of the spell releases a cone of cold in front of the caster that causes frost damage, and potentially freezes its victim.
Zone of cold
The zone of cold causes no or minimal damage to foes, even those weak to cold such as Saurians. It can repeatedly freeze and unfreeze enemies, leaving them open to attacks by other members of the party.
The frost effect is enough to keep some enemies in a pseudo-staggered state, with their actions interrupted or slowed.
As a support spell the zone of cold can be maintained to give other party members an advantage.
Cone of cold
The blast wave carries the main damage of the spell. It is released in a cone in front of the caster, including both above and below. Any enemy that can be frozen will almost certainly be frozen by the cone of frost.
As an offensive spell, it is best to incant and release the spell as quickly as possibly. The range and damage are fairly good, and the blast affects all creatures caught in its cone.
- Both the zone and cone of cold can be blocked or guarded against.
- The frost wave from High Frazil is twice as powerful as Frazil's.
- To release the cone of cold press an attack button.
- To terminate the spell without release of the frost wave press jump.