- "An advanced form of Frigor that generates three spires of ice. The last one can serve as a stepping stone."
An advanced version of Frigor.
Usage, damage, and tactics
- All frigor spells deals Ice-based Magick damage.
- These spells have no physical component, and so do not get increased damage from Strength Boosted - as such they are useless against golems.
- Both, ice spires and explosion from the destroyed ice block have the chance to freeze an enemy.
- The spires have good knockdown, and will lift smaller enemies into the air.
- Can be used on Ore deposits and to damage some environments; similar to a Warrior's attack.
- The final spire of ice leaves behind a short platform of ice that can be climbed and stood on afore it shatters.
- Useful to gain access to some locations, including a few Badge of Vows quests.
- If cast on uneven or uncertain ground the ice platform will not form.
- The dispersal of the block causes an ice 'explosion' , similarly, if a creature strikes the block it will take damage as the block shatters.
- Damage from the "explosion" of a struck block is pure magick, and scales with total magick, just like the damage from the ice spires.
- Multiple platforms of ice can be made on top of each other. This can be done by casting High Frigor on the ground, then jumping onto it and casting another Frigor, then flying off so as to give it space to form, and flying back.
- A third or fourth platform could possibly be created like this using Grand Frigor, Wyrmking's Ring and Articulacy.(verify)
- Several foes have access to this spell, including Bandit spellcasters, spellcasting Wyrms, and others.